He broke up with me…now what?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    April 4, 2019 at 3:31 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

GreatLove44
    GreatLove44
    Participant
    March 17, 2019 at 2:45 pm #196916

Im 29 and he is 29. My boyfriend of almost 2 months broke up with me yesterday and he said that he felt like we didn’t have a mental connection. He mentioned this earlier in our relationship but I chalked it up as we don’t know each other yet. He said we can stay friends and I can call him but if not then that’s fine. I’m in a lot of pain right now I cried last night and this morning. I asked him so what’s really going on last night but he didn’t respond in text. I will be surprised if he calls me ever again. I’m so confused. What does he mean he doesn’t have a mental connection? He feels like he is not mentally attracted to me.. How do I get through this pain???

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    March 17, 2019 at 3:10 pm #196920

First of all take a deep breath!

A relationship with a boyfriend of only {8 weeks} is not worth becoming a basket case over.
    You shouldn’t allow yourself to become overly emotionally invested in someone you barely know!

Most likely you fail victim to the “infatuation phase” of a (new relationship) and thought you found your “soulmate”.
    Enjoy the first 3-6 months of dating someone (new) but don’t give away your heart
    It usually takes time to get to know if someone is worth investing in.

“What does he mean he doesn’t have a mental connection? ” – He does not see YOU as being “the one” for him.

Secondly you need to put things in perspective.

In order for your (ex) to have been “the one” he would have had to see (you) as being “the one”.
    At the very least a “soulmate” is someone who actually wants to be with you! (And vice versa)

“Never love anyone who treats you like you’re ordinary.” – Oscar Wilde

In a world with over 7 Billion people rejection just means: Next!
    Move on! Best wishes!

doesntmatter
    doesntmatter
    Participant
    March 18, 2019 at 8:53 am #196924

Disagreed, almost 8 weeks is plenty of time, to connect with someone. “Mental connection”, or whatever, is just something he had to say because he wasn’t man enough to give you a reason. You should be thankful. Girls ghost guys after 8 months with no explanation whatsoever, not even a goodbye. Forget the “mental connection” part, that’s nothing. It’s over anyway, no point in thinking about it. Just move on, you may never know the true reason, and the true reason is irrelevant anyway.

zss
    zss
    Participant
    March 18, 2019 at 1:14 pm #196995

It happens, maybe there were certain things that your personalities didn’t match up to. You shouldn’t be stressing it though, if he’s 29 and is ending a relationship due to a lack of mental connect, but without explaining or working on the issue with you. You deserve better anyways than.