He hasn't messaged me in 4 days. What do I do?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2018 at 2:13 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

shavkat
    shavkat
    Participant
    July 26, 2018 at 12:14 am #180257

I started to know a guy in June. He’s been very busy finishing his master’s thesis plus a job so i understand that for the whole of June & most of July he was cramped. We texted almost every day though. He told me sunday that he’s basically done with his thesis. I asked him how he felt about it and when he explained his doubts i offered him reassuring words. i texted this to him and he has yet to respond to me. Im getting nervous because..well, did he lose interest already? Did i say something wrong?

Every time we’ve gone out together we’ve been affectionate. We kissed on the first date, cuddled/made out on the second date and on the third date we hugged tightly for a solid 15 minutes because he was sad about something concerning his graduation. I kissed him on the cheek goodbye and later that night he texted me to ask if i was home. We continued to text after that so i’m nervous by his sudde MIA now. He says he likes me and i really like him…just, can someone be THAT busy to text?

Zeppydoodah
    Zeppydoodah
    Participant
    July 26, 2018 at 8:57 am #180262

If someone is really interested in you, they will find time to text. I was dating someone recently and we would text all day long for three months and I noticed things slowing down from her and felt something was of. Well I find out that she was uncomfortable with the distance that we lived from one another and she didn’t want to continue the relationship. That’s fair, but I told her I wish she would have communicated that with me instead of somewhat disappearing.

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    August 4, 2018 at 7:30 pm #180815

” can someone be THAT busy to text?” – NO!
    If someone is genuinely interested in YOU they will make the time to text, write, call, and show up.

“Never love anyone who treats you like you’re ordinary.” – Oscar Wilde

Don’t waste your time trying to “figure him out” or seeking “closure” for a relationship that never was.

You never stated how you met this guy but if it was via online or through an app he most likely was seeing others as well.
    You should always keep your own options open by dating multiple people until there is a mutual agreement to become “exclusive”.

Finding the right mate much like finding the right job requires reaching out to multiple contacts and exploring opportunities.
    The mistake a lot of people make is they meet someone they “like” and trick themselves into believing they’re in a relationship.
    It’s as if job hunter stopped submitting resumes to companies after having a couple of interviews without being offered a job Avoid overly investing early.

Distance
    Distance
    Participant
    August 5, 2018 at 10:51 am #180835

I wouldnt say that he isnt interested, there are a few possibilities. He could just be panicking about how quick thinfs are going and hes not sure what to
    Do. Its possible that with all the stress he was under he really needed a support line, but now he has time to think hes unsure of what he needs. Id just give him a call tbh