He lives in a different country but I really like him help!

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2018 at 7:52 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

olivia54
    olivia54
    Participant
    March 2, 2018 at 7:19 pm #166768

So I met him on a dating site, he was visiting for a short while and we met up the day before he had to leave, we had food, had a couple drinks and had immense fun. We just instantly clicked and it felt amazing. We then went back to my place and talked a lot, snuggled and watched movies which turned into kissing. It’s been about a month since then and we generally text everyday, at first it was about interests and generally chatting, he also made it seem like he didn’t know if I liked him back but now we’re pretty flirty and I’m flying over to see him in 2 weeks. Since I couldn’t find any info on the internet I’m asking here, I kind of need to tell my parents I’m flying to a different country but what do I say? “Oh yeah I meeting this guy who I’ve only seen once, surprise!” I don’t want to rush things but it’s so difficult when you don’t see him often. I do believe we are both committed to trying to make this work, he wants to move country anyway in the near future. Advice on any part?

Ivywave
    Ivywave
    Participant
    March 9, 2018 at 2:35 am #167082

How far away? how long have u been chatting each other?
    it doesn’t matter in a different country anymore, nowadays the world is small.
    just take more time to get to know him…….

richiro
    richiro
    Participant
    March 9, 2018 at 2:28 pm #167141

just tell them you are going on vacation. much like yo don’t tell your parents about every person you date unless it develops or gets serious – i don’t see why that would change here. of course your parents should or will want tok now where you’re staying, etc. just to know how to get a hold of you incase of emergencies or something unexpected happens. they also need to know how to make sure you are okay.

So definitely setup a safety net or agreement amongst your friends and parents on how you will communicate with them so they all know you are okay (can be with friends more than parents.. but your friends will need to know how to contact your parents “just incase” they need to know something..)

Be safe always! Ideally maybe a friend wants to see the same country and can come with you and you can make it a vacation in which your new possible / potential new bf is your local tourguide etc.

Good luck and enjoy.. BUT ALWAYS be safe and have an OUT if you need it!

olivia54
    olivia54
    Participant
    March 9, 2018 at 3:27 pm #167143

It’s about 50 minutes by plane, and we’ve been chatting for about a month. I agree that the world is a lot smaller now and hopefully I’ll continue to talk to him and get to know him!!

olivia54
    olivia54
    Participant
    March 9, 2018 at 3:46 pm #167144

That’s a fair point, I told my parents that I was going with a friend to visit the country but at least my friends know that I’m going and they know all the details of the trip in case. My friend said the exact same thing about him being “the tourguide” hahaha how funny! I’ll definitely be safe, I can take care of myself and I’m used to being in places I don’t know too well so I think I should be fine!!
    Thank you both for your responses, I feel like I have a clearer way of looking at it now – not as stressful!

richiro
    richiro
    Participant
    March 9, 2018 at 4:00 pm #167150

well.. being safe not just means being able to take care of yourself (are you able to take care of yourself if 5 guys want their way with you and team up on you?)

being safe means: alays have an out. always have your own means home. always have an option and be able to go and stay elswehre. always have somebody you can call who can get to you incase you need help (i highly recommend inviting a friend who can make the trip with you who can then see the sites or even see the sites with you whiel you’re NOT on a date with him.. or again.. he can “tourguide” the both of you ). etc.

frandollow
    frandollow
    Participant
    March 10, 2018 at 12:32 pm #167174

Thanks for the list. I will try for it. lol