He replies frequently but never initiates. Whats going on?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    July 7, 2020 at 12:14 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    Adult Friend Finder Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

hrvymalaysia
    hrvymalaysia
    Participant
    March 12, 2020 at 12:40 am #231399

A guy and I matched on a dating app and we started talking. It started off well and he was opening up really quickly about his past relationship and said that he’s ready to put himself out there after a time off.

3 weeks in and I realize that its always me who starts the conversations and even me coming up with all sorts of topics just to keep the conversation going only because I assume that he doesn’t mind replying. Because he always replies within an hour of my texting (he has a demanding job) and never ignores my texts. He only asks me if I ask him something. He was impressed that I remembered a small detail about him.

The other day we were having a conversation and I said ” i’m trying to get to know you” to which he replied “I am a broken human, there’s not much to know” with a laughing emoji. This left me confused as I’m assuming that he’s saying that he’s emotionally unavailable. He started following me on socials and likes all my posts and views my stories without fail.

I’m confused….

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    March 13, 2020 at 9:02 am #231484

“A guy and I matched on a dating app…”
    “3 weeks in and I realize that its always me who starts the conversations..”
    “…he replied “I am a broken human, there’s not much to know” with a laughing emoji”

Basically he’s telling you he’s not interested in going beneath the surface.
    Generally speaking if a woman has to “figure out” a guy it means he’s NOT all that “into” her!

You should move on and avoid getting caught up in trying to fix a “broken human”.
    Life is too short to be trying to change water into wine.
    The goal is to find someone who (already is) what you want.

It’s also mistake to zero in on (one person) and become emotionally invested too quickly.
    This is especially true if you meet on a dating site. Odds are he’s keeping his options open and so should you!
    If you were seeking a job you wouldn’t stop sending out your resume because you had a great interview with one company.

“Never love anyone who treats you like you’re ordinary.” – Oscar Wilde