He said that in the end he will fall in love with me . What does that mean ?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    April 4, 2020 at 11:10 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    Adult Friend Finder Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

sdmsk
    sdmsk
    Participant
    February 25, 2020 at 5:12 pm #230467

We are seeing for a year and a half. During that time, he said that he loves me while he was drunk, I did not say anything. One month ago he said by accident that he loves me and then he corrected himself and said that I am dear to him. He asked me several times do I love him and I said no, but next time he would ask me again that. Last night he told me while we were together that I am dear to him, and he “In the end, I will fall in love with you.” What does that mean ?

Mia8xxx
    Mia8xxx
    Participant
    February 26, 2020 at 12:07 pm #230512

Hi Sdmsk,

It means that he wants some validation from you that you feel the same for him as he does for you.
    He clearly loves you, or at the very least has deep feelings for you, so if you feel the same don’t hesitate to tell him as he needs affirmation of your love!
    If you are not at the stage where you want to declare your love for him then really be honest with yourself as to if you will ever feel the same for him.
    If you cannot envisage a future with him then do not waste his time and find someone for yourself that you can love wholly and fully.
    Whatever you do-best of luck!

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    February 27, 2020 at 7:16 pm #230619

“He said that in the end he will fall in love with me . What does that mean ?”
    “We are seeing for a year and a half.”
    “He asked me several times do I love him and {I said no}…”

Based upon what he said it sounds like he believes you’re going end up married or sharing your lives together.
    Essentially he’s saying: “The timing isn’t right” at this moment for him to fully commit.
    Whether he’s seeing other women or pursuing other goals right now he believes (you) are “the one” for him.

If you don’t love a man after dating him for 1 1/2 years why bother caring what he means?
    It’s not as if you’re going to fall in love with someone just because they claim to be in love with you.

You probably do both him and yourself a favor by breaking up with him.
    It makes no sense for you to invest more years in a relationship with someone you don’t care that much about.
    Life is short. The goal is to find a “soulmate” not a “cellmate”.

Best wishes!