He texts me but still no third date, is he string me along??

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2018 at 12:09 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

k
    k
    Participant
    August 10, 2018 at 6:24 am #181271

So I met this guy online and we started chatting and he gave me his number so we met for a first date. Spent 5 hours together having a meal and cocktails. We regularly texted and a week later he asked me out to the cinema. It was an ok date but we didn’t obviously speak very much. Neither of these dates ended in any kissing. After this we have texted everyday. And that following weekend I asked him if he wasn’t busy we could catch up and get food. He did reply stating he had made plans that we should do it another time. We have continued to text and i told him I was free this weekend but he has yet to arrange anything with me but still texts saying what he’s up to etc.

Should I forget about this guy?

I am 27 he is 31. I have never been in a proper relationship before, not used to dating. Would like someone to help me because I can’t stop thinking about it and what action to take.

misunderstoood
    misunderstoood
    Participant
    August 10, 2018 at 11:08 am #181310

In my opinion, perhaps you should consider moving on.

If all he wants to do is text you and tell you about his other plans maybe he just want to be chat friends.

Pumpkinspice26
    Pumpkinspice26
    Participant
    August 11, 2018 at 5:07 am #181378

I’d say wait till next weekend and try one more time snd if he still doing that then just move on

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    August 11, 2018 at 3:09 pm #181394

“So I met this guy online….” If it’s a dating site most likely you are not the {only one} he’s considering!
    A common mistake many people make with meeting online is they emotionally invest in others too soon!
    Until there is a mutual meeting of the minds to focus on one another you should be keeping your options open too!
    He’s not “stringing you along” because you’re not a “couple” nor is he making you any promises.

“he gave me his number so we met for a first date…” If a man is interested in YOU he will ask YOU for YOUR number!

“i told him I was free this weekend but he has yet to arrange anything with me but still texts saying what he’s up to…”
    In other words he didn’t (acknowledge) your proposal to get together this weekend. He’s NOT infatuated with YOU.

“Neither of these dates ended in any kissing.”
    If a man is “into you” he will likely flirt with you, use sexual innuendo, hold your hand, hug you, and attempt to kiss you.

Welcome to the “Friend Zone”! Move on!

MysteryZee
    MysteryZee
    Participant
    August 11, 2018 at 4:20 pm #181402

If you want something the least you can do is ask for it

aimilia
    aimilia
    Participant
    August 20, 2018 at 4:12 am #181905

Well that happened to me too. I reduced contact with him and we weren’t in touch for a little while, then he suddenly realized he should make a move. Maybe you should try this as well, to see his real intentions.

bendarlinton
    bendarlinton
    Participant
    August 20, 2018 at 3:25 pm #181942

sure he will come back

bendarlinton
    bendarlinton
    Participant
    August 20, 2018 at 3:26 pm #181943

its allays like that

leonuris
    leonuris
    Participant
    August 21, 2018 at 6:05 am #181985

Better ask the chap directly. There might be some other issues.
    Just call and have a decent chat.
    I remember when my dad fell sick, all my attention was focused on him. Nothing else mattered.

Or the chap is overwhelmed by you and does not know hat to do.

Call him up and ask.

Carter
    Carter
    Participant
    August 21, 2018 at 8:15 am #181988
    Reply To: He texts me but still no third date, is he string me along??

Find out the reason for the refusal, maybe something happened. If you need to offer your help. If everything is OK, wait for it to offer you a new meeting. Do not impose yourself, the man must choose you himself, then you will need him. Good luck

MiguelAlva29
    MiguelAlva29
    Participant
    August 22, 2018 at 8:55 pm #182291
    Reply To: He texts me but still no third date, is he string me along??

Ask him directly.