He won’t introduce me to his female friend. Should I be concerned?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    July 7, 2018 at 12:03 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

GD247
    GD247
    Participant
    April 16, 2018 at 2:53 am #170615

I’ve been dating him for 6 months now and he’s introduced me to his family and all his close guy friends. He hasn’t given me a reason to not trust him but he hasn’t introduced e to his one female friend. Let’s call her Ashley and my boyfriends name is Josh. At first he did offer to but both Ashley and I said no. Then later I changed my mind but Josh said Ashley had anxiety. Josh also told me Ashley and I had nothing in common.

Should I be concerned?

pakster123
    pakster123
    Participant
    May 21, 2018 at 7:36 pm #174831

I can understand both perspectives. However, I feel like if he’s already introduced you to his family, you both are set. Ashley might just feel uncomfortable just like you did (I’m guessing that’s why you didn’t want to meet her when he first offered). I’m very shy and reserved, while my bf is outgoing. His friends are older and outgoing, too. He’s introduced me to only one guy friend, so far and even then I was nervous. And I also want to meet his other friends which he won’t introduce them to me, but I know that I can’t handle it so I don’t want to either. In other words, I understand both perspectives. So, don’t worry about it.

Lovely346__
    Lovely346__
    Participant
    May 22, 2018 at 5:37 pm #174956

I wouldnt worry to much about the friend girl, if you have already met his family and most of his friends. Maybe it’s for the best

Bluerose44
    Bluerose44
    Participant
    May 22, 2018 at 6:06 pm #174963

Just talk to him about this girl in terms of how close are they, how long have they known each other etc and they decide if it’s even worth meeting her. If he offered to introduce you to her that means he is not hiding her so i won’t worry too much about her

thegang
    thegang
    Participant
    May 23, 2018 at 8:54 pm #175098

Nah don’t worry about it too much

TheGuy
    TheGuy
    Participant
    May 24, 2018 at 6:07 pm #175243

Haha, yes be worried, always keep And eye on how much time they spend together, nothing More stupid then having your eyes closed, Just keep your eyes open with said friend, but be careful not to overstep, in other words as You were. Alert And Wondering do not get driven mad, most likely nothing maybe happening now, You aways have to be careful down the road with so called friends…..

Toska
    Toska
    Participant
    June 3, 2018 at 4:37 pm #176001

What kind of friends are they? Childhood friends? School friends? Work friends? Have they been in a relationhip together before? Have they been intimate? Evaluate their friendship and ask questions. Then you’ll be able to decide whether you need to meet her or ask him why they’re still friends.

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    June 3, 2018 at 8:29 pm #176013

It’s possible they have been more than friends in the past or (she) has a crush on him and she’s worried you might be able to tell.
    Truthfully there’s no reason for her to have any anxiety if they’re strictly “platonic friends”. She can bring her boyfriend if she has one.

sarahanry335
    sarahanry335
    Participant
    June 4, 2018 at 8:10 am #176033

Don’t worry about it

olayusmari
    olayusmari
    Participant
    June 5, 2018 at 4:10 am #176204
    Reply To: He won’t introduce me to his female friend. Should I be concerned?

don’t worry about it

greenbook
    greenbook
    Participant
    June 15, 2018 at 1:20 am #177087

I would be concerned. I think he has an obligation to try to come up with some sort of activity that you three can share so that you can get a feel for her. If you get along with her great, if you don’t, you could very well discover this is just a 100% platonic friendship and there is no reason to worry. But you also could discover that these two have the possibility of turning their friendship into something else. I feel he is almost trying to hide something. He shouldn’t be needing to hide her. By the way, I am a guy. Would feel the same way if the situation were reverse.

hermeshecaton
    hermeshecaton
    Participant
    June 15, 2018 at 3:54 pm #177195

That really sucks!! He might be embarrassed of his siblings…

WriterMommy
    WriterMommy
    Participant
    June 20, 2018 at 7:33 pm #177608

His family knows you are dating him, it shouldn’t be a big issue if you don’t met this girl.

Carter
    Carter
    Participant
    July 5, 2018 at 7:22 am #178651

The less we know, the easier it is to live. he is the main thing with you.