Help did I scare him away for good!

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    June 6, 2020 at 3:13 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    Adult Friend Finder Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

emzmarriott
    emzmarriott
    Participant
    January 19, 2020 at 12:00 pm #228070

Known guy for about 2 months we have met up twice and great chemistry. The past month a lot has happened in my life and I have not been able to control my mood. Me and this guy speak everyday and I have found myself getting a bit intense. Anyway we had an argument on Friday and he told me I need to calm down so instead of doing that I had a meltdown explained everything going on in my life poured my heart out about my friend dying and not being well…Sent 4 messages explaining 🙈 and he just didn’t reply. i ended up in hospital the same night, turns out I have something wrong causing a hormonal imbalance. Which explain completely loosing grip of my emotions and is fixed. I text him again this morning to tell him I was in the hospital and still nothing. So I text again saying it wasn’t like him to be nasty and completely ghost me. I am better and can see the poor guy must of had his head done in. Do I cut my losses or leave I a few days or do I explain about being ill?

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    January 19, 2020 at 2:28 pm #228071

You are way too much emotionally invested!

You’ve known this guy for about 8 weeks and have only met up with him twice.
    And after {one month or 4 weeks in} you state you haven’t been able to control your moods.

The first few months of any (potential) relationship is normally the “infatuation phase”.
    Both people generally bend over backwards to impress each other, there’s normally flirtatious banter, laughter, and romance.

(YOUR version of the infatuation phase)

“we had an argument on Friday…”
    “I had a meltdown explained everything going on in my life…”
    “I text him again this morning to tell him I was in the hospital…”
    “I text again saying it wasn’t like him to be nasty and completely ghost me.”

Now keep in mind this guy is NOT your boyfriend nor are you in a relationship with him period.
    You should have dumped all of this on your {best friends and family members} not some guy you barely know!
    I would stop calling/texting. If he cares he’ll check on you.

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    January 19, 2020 at 2:40 pm #228072

In the future it’s probably a good idea not to become emotionally invested or fixated on one guy.
    When you’re not in a committed relationship it is best to (date multiple people) and keep your options open.
    This way if someone “ghosts you” it’s not the end of your world.

Most guys are in no hurry to sign up for a whole lot of “drama” especially early on.
    Getting into arguments (within a few weeks of meeting each other) will cause most people to step back.

Repeatedly texting someone who isn’t responding just makes you come off as more unhinged, a stalker, or fatal attraction.
    You’ve texted him more than enough times explaining your situation. Time to move on.

In a world with over 7 Billion people rejection just means: Next!