Help I am new at dating and he doesn't seem interested anymore

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2018 at 7:52 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

annalb
    annalb
    Participant
    March 2, 2018 at 11:08 pm #166774

I recently have been seeing this guy. We had met a a bar. We had been talking for a bit, went out on a first date, have been hanging out. Lately he doesn’t seem interested. In the beginning he was good about texting me but as the weeks passed I noticed he never really texted me first. Then recently I had texted him about wanting to see him more just because we hadn’t talked much or hung out really that often. I thought maybe it was something I had done but he has not responded to my message and am not sure what to think.

Theryn
    Theryn
    Participant
    March 3, 2018 at 2:09 pm #166775

Hey! First off, welcome the the weird, wonderful, wacky, and awful world of dating.

One huge lesson to learn in dating is that if someone you have just started seeing doesn’t seem interested, let them go. I know that sounds hard, especially if you really like them, but if they aren’t willing to invest the time in you then you don’t want to be with them anyway. *Especially* if this guy is the type who would just ghost you (ending the relationship by ceasing contact with you instead of telling you like a respectable person. You do not want to date a guy like that and you deserve better. Also if someone is no longer interested, texting them more will not get them interested again. It makes you come across as needy and desperate.

Oh, and one more thing – try not to get hung up on the “is it something I did?” question. It’s great to be introspective, but if you’d really done something wrong you’d know it, or else he should tell you. Chances are it’s nothing you did.

angi76
    angi76
    Participant
    March 4, 2018 at 7:44 am #166779

You reached out and he didn’t respond. That’s your answer. Guys don’t want to be mean or hurt you. It could be that he needs some time or he’s no longer interested. Either way I definitely wouldn’t reach out again. I know it’s hard but if you sent the last text about getting together and he hasn’t made plans, there’s nothing left to do.

jbj1965
    jbj1965
    Participant
    March 5, 2018 at 3:31 am #166791

I’m going to have to go with the above and say let it go… not easy, but save you angst in the long run.

boyish
    boyish
    Participant
    March 12, 2018 at 9:30 pm #167247

Ugh, dating is awful and I can’t wait until it officially ends (crossing my fingers). It seems like you know the answer. I wouldn’t invest any more time in it.