Help, is she interested?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Help, is she interested?

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2018 at 7:52 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

bnme90
    bnme90
    Participant
    March 3, 2018 at 9:58 pm #166776
    Help, is she interested?

There’s this girl in my college class that I met a few months ago. Last semester, we did a group project where she showed signs of interest, but later when I indirectly asked her out, she sort of “soft-rejected” me. Two months later, I meet her again in another class. Again, we needed to do a group project…As we split into groups, her friend asks her if she’s found one, and she tells her that she’s in a group with me, and that “we’re a couple”. A few seconds later, she playfully slaps me and says “just kidding”. Later, when I asked her how much the textbook for class was, she told me that I didn’t need to buy one (alluding that we can share) but later changed course and said I should still buy one since we’ll be using it a lot…

Also, she makes it obvious that she’s a homebody, because whenever I ask her what she does on weekends or after school, she claims to do nothing but stay at home. And when she does go out, it’s apparently once in a few days lol.

bnme90
    bnme90
    Participant
    March 3, 2018 at 9:59 pm #166777

My friend insists that she’s giving me the green light to ask her out, but, she really IS lazy, so…. I don’t know?

One last thing, (and I don’t mean to brag) but I finished almost all my courses as the top student in our department for two years straight. So I wonder if she’s really interested in me, teasing me, or just using me because she knows that I’ll get a good grade for us if we’re in the same group. I can’t tell, so any advice would be appreciated

angi76
    angi76
    Participant
    March 4, 2018 at 7:39 am #166778

How did you indirectly ask her out before? If she was really into you, she would be nervous around you and you would know. She may be undecided about you in which case just keep being you but don’t come on too strong. Do your own thing and be confident. Let her know you’re there but not desperate. Good luck!

bnme90
    bnme90
    Participant
    March 4, 2018 at 11:34 am #166788

@angi76
    Last time, she mentioned her favorite restaurant as we chatted online. I immediately suggested that we could go and that she could introduce the restaurant to me, since I had not tried it before. She then tells me that she has social anxiety and is not good at showing people around, so I took it as a soft-rejection. I’m not sure if that qualifies as a rejection?