Here’s a challenge

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Here’s a challenge

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    November 11, 2019 at 6:40 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    Adult Friend Finder Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

May 15, 2019 at 2:40 am #200398
    Here’s a challenge

Here’s a doozy one for all of y’all. So me and this girl met through this random chat website and well i wasn’t sure where things were gonna go but i stayed because she seemed pretty chill. But to summarize since i have limited characters. We liked each other so much we stayed in contact for 9 month and well somewhere at the beginning we sorta made it official to be something other than friends and so we’ve been together for that long even though we’ve never met. She’s muslim yes its going there and well her parents are into arranged marriages and while she wont have to marry until she’s 26 she’s 18 like me. So basically she had to end it because she told her mom and she reacted really bad like she hasn’t talked to her in a whole week and well for her to have a boyfriend is a big nono already plus i am not muslim and muslim girls and non muslim guys dont go together. We ended it and mow she seems to be going through alot of pain. I would appreciate any help with this. Thank you.

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    May 18, 2019 at 9:49 am #200647

Truth be told at age 18 most relationships don’t involve “soulmates”.
    Odds are even if she lived next door and was your same race or religion the relationship would fail.

Unfortunately for most teenagers they lack the ability to imagine having life in a future.
    Everything for them is about (right now) and is all that matters.
    The reality is the teenage years is just a blip on the screen of adult life.

Romanticizing obstacles is a common device used in movies and romance novels is old as time.
    Two people madly in love but they cant be together because of….etc.
    Breaking up with someone you never met is not the end of the world!

As long as someone is dependent on their parents they will never be viewed as an adult in their eyes.
    It is up to (her) to decide whether or not she wants to practice the Muslim religion or it’s traditions.
    If you want something different (you) have to do something different. Freedom is never free.
    Life is a (personal) journey!

Bill2222
    Bill2222
    Participant
    May 18, 2019 at 10:56 pm #200660

Tbh it wouldn’t have worked out because you two haven’t even met, like that is already a big sign of a failing relo.

Mildmanner
    Mildmanner
    Participant
    May 19, 2019 at 12:02 pm #200665

Better she gets over the pain now

ihavequestions8
    ihavequestions8
    Participant
    May 19, 2019 at 6:22 pm #200668

Ooof thats sad

Johnriver
    Johnriver
    Participant
    May 20, 2019 at 5:43 pm #200786

Relationships are tough. But if you never met her and probably never will, I think thats the best decision. It might take time but she will get over it. Dont worry

iamconfused
    iamconfused
    Participant
    May 26, 2019 at 1:43 am #201073

Thats so sad