Hey Ladies! I need a woman's perspective. Is my ex interested in being more?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2019 at 4:22 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    Adult Friend Finder Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

gypsylove
    gypsylove
    Participant
    September 27, 2019 at 12:33 am #207654

Me(31) and my ex gf(29) of 5 years broke up a few months ago but we have been living together since. We broke up because she never felt secure with me and she said I was everything she ever wanted except my lack of motivation and extreme laziness, and she doesnt see a future with someone who is like that. The first month and half was weird. I sleep on the couch, the only conversation we would have was minimal, “how was your day?” “good” then we would go about doing our own thing for the rest of the day. Then it slowly improved into more normal interactions. We would talk about things going on in our daily life, what people we both knew were up to, we would go do errands with each other, etc. I made the mistake one day of buying her flowers and she didnt like it. She said she didnt like me doing romantic gestures because it seems like i want to get back together and makes it hard for her to be normal around me….(continued in reply}

gypsylove
    gypsylove
    Participant
    September 27, 2019 at 12:41 am #207655

I said I wouldnt do any more gestures and would respect her wishes to be friends. We got back to normal again, really normal. We walk around naked all the time and talk a lot. We do some things outside the house like hike together and stuff now too. Ive also completely changed my life. Im working insanely hard and making huge life improvements. She told me it hurts her to see my taking action after we broke up. Last week we went to a festival out of town and ended up sharing a hotel room with one bed. The nakedness continues and we slept in the same bed every night. Every night at the festival, we started getting more and more physical. Started with her holding my arm then kind of dancing together, swaying back and forth, and then the last night we held hands, we held each other, booty danced, and just had a great time.

gypsylove
    gypsylove
    Participant
    September 27, 2019 at 8:50 am #207656

she later posted a cute pic of us holding each other. I tried cuddling in bed later that night but she took my arm off of her. When we returned home, she told me I could start sleeping bed with her again but to keep my hands to myself. Now were pretty much back to before the break up except theres still a little distance between us(were not texting each other all the time or getting too involved in each others life).

What are your thoughts on this? If you were interested in remaining friends, would you do these things? Or is a case of she truly doesnt see me as more than a friend any more and thats how she can be so casual with what shes doing?

cantfinishmypost
    cantfinishmypost
    Participant
    September 29, 2019 at 11:51 am #207709

No, I personally wouldn’t do it because it’s showing mixed feelings. Maybe she is wanting to see more improvement first before she fully takes you back. Some girls have trouble trusting that a guys changed because they usually only change for a little bit and once they take them back, the guys go back to their old ways.