Highschool attendee, first girlfriend, and lost on how to deall with recent news

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Highschool attendee, first girlfriend, and lost on how to deall with recent news

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    May 5, 2019 at 8:28 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Participant
    February 26, 2019 at 8:50 pm #195719

So me and this girl have been dating for 4 months now and she told me something really shocking. We were talking on the phone and she admitted to having feelings for another person, but this person has been her friend for over 5 years, they dated 2 times and recently he has stopped talking to her due to me, he grabbed her chest during school and i dealt with it by verbally confronting him. I don’t know how to take this information in considering she has been sitting on it for 4 months and she is really sad that he won’t talk to her after he forcibly grabbed her, i figured she must’ve been some what ok with it cause she didn’t make a big deal of it, but anyways how should i deal with this, I love her eith all my heart but i don’t understand how i should go on with this and if i trust her. She said she has stronger feelings for me than him but can i trust her? I greatly appreciate the help.

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    February 27, 2019 at 6:20 pm #195764

“So me and this girl have been dating for 4 months now…”
    “she admitted to having feelings for another person…”
    “she is {really sad} that he won’t talk to her….”
    “I love her with all my heart…”

First of all this {high school} and as you noted she is your (first) girlfriend.
    In other words she’s not your “soulmate” you’re not going to marry/spend the rest of your life together.
    If you think otherwise you’re kidding yourself!

Secondly if SHE loved YOU with all of HER heart she wouldn’t be REALLY SAD over another guy.

In fact she wouldn’t be bringing up anything which might cause you to want to dump her.
    She wants you to wimp out and (give her permission) to cultivate a friendship with this guy.
    You deserve to have a girlfriend who is only into YOU.

My advice for you would be either to dump her or start emotionally distancing yourself from her.
    It’s clear she is NOT “all in” with you.

“Never love anyone who treats you like you’re ordinary.” – Oscar Wilde