His "ex" posted pictures of them together

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2019 at 8:31 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    Adult Friend Finder Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

kjones87654321
    kjones87654321
    Participant
    January 16, 2019 at 7:25 pm #192772

I met a guy online who said he had been separated for over a year. We quickly became best friends and seemed very compatible. We don’t live in the same state, but we texted and Facetime’d every day. We talked about meeting but something kept coming up. After several weeks, I agreed to have coffee with another guy. He got very upset and said he loves me. We kept Facetiming daily for over a year but still haven’t met in person.
    Last week I came across his “ex” wife’s Facebook page and saw recent pictures of the two of them looking cozy together. He insists everything he told me is true, but hasn’t offered an explanation for the pictures, and I haven’t heard much from him since I let him know I saw the pictures.

I don’t know what to do. I’m feeling very hurt and confused, but also miss my best friend.
    Should I give him the benefit of the doubt or assume he’s lying?
    What are the chances he’ll apologize and/or explain, and how long should I wait?
    Should I message his “ex” wife?

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    January 17, 2019 at 12:14 pm #192849

“I met a guy online..”
    “We quickly became best friends…”
    “We don’t live in the same state.”
    “We kept Facetiming daily for {over a year but still haven’t met in person.}”
    “I came across his “ex” wife’s Facebook page and saw recent pictures of the two of them looking cozy together.”
    “I haven’t heard much from him since I let him know I saw the pictures.”

Should I message his “ex” wife? – Hell No!!!

Be honest with yourself!
    1. You didn’t just “come across” his ex-wife’s Facebook
    2. You are not dating him or in a romantic relationship with him. As you stated you are just “best friends”.

“… miss my best friend.”
    Who your platonic “friend” dates, has sex with or whatever is none of your business.
    The only reason for getting in touch with his ex-wife is for you to stir up some trouble between them.
    You’re acting as if you were (his girlfriend/lover) and not his “best friend”.
    Truth be told the two of you were never REAL friends to begin with.
    A year of this is enough. Move on!