Hooking up for more then 3 years

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    July 7, 2020 at 5:17 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    Adult Friend Finder Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Pal
    Pal
    Participant
    January 4, 2020 at 2:32 pm #227288

I’ve been hooking up with this guy since 2017 on and off.He gives mix signals and says he don’t want to be in a relationship because of his past. he has never told me how he felt about me and every time i bring it up he brushes it off and being inconsiderate of my feelings. he does alot of things that “FRIENDS”shouldn’t do. I caught him trying to go through my phone one time because it kept going off . He makes comments like i have other guys sending XXX pictures That is were the mix signal comes in at this point idk what he wants from me he even woke me up at 3am one time for me to answer phone when it was only notification from IG. He don’t want to be in relationship with me but he wants to keep tabs on me

Ive been single since 2014 been with one guy for 10 years so i havent had feelings for any guy in such a long time im getting up there in age and ready to settle down
    Should I call a quits and just ghost him? or hold on?

we met on Tinder lol

Pal
    Pal
    Participant
    January 4, 2020 at 2:40 pm #227289

we do have good time together. I just wish he was more considerate of my feelings he once told me how he use to always hook up with the receptionist at his job not just one either more than one. to the point he had reputation at working knowing to be hooking up with the receptionist upper management even had to tell him to stop doing it at one point but this was before me. even so i wasn’t too happy to hear that story i got mad and left his house and didn’t speak to him for months only thing on my mind was how do i know you aren’t still hooking up with them now

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    January 6, 2020 at 4:33 pm #227357

“Hooking up for more then 3 years”
    “He gives mix signals and says he don’t want to be in a relationship..”
    “he has never told me how he felt about me and every time i bring it up he brushes it off…”

Being a “booty call” or “friends with benefits” for 3 years is a long time.

First of all you need to stop making this about HIM!
    What is it YOU want? Do you want to be in an exclusive relationship with him?

Do you seriously believe he’s “the one”? or Are you wasting your time?
    Expecting someone to become who they are not only leads to frustration.

Life is too short to be trying to change water into wine.
    The goal is to find someone who (already is) the kind of person you want for a mate.
    Always be honest with YOURSELF!

Allowing yourself to get caught up over his acts of jealousy might make you feel he cares but he really doesn’t.
    Being jealous/possessive isn’t love. A lot of guys want to play the field and have their women remain loyal to them.
    It’s called selfish! Move on!

d7z46t
    d7z46t
    Participant
    January 7, 2020 at 12:54 pm #227405

Move on. Best for both of you. But, be honest and tell him why you have made your decision.