How (and where) can I start approaching attractive women?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    July 7, 2018 at 2:07 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Sebastian Cobb
    Sebastian Cobb
    Participant
    June 29, 2018 at 4:59 pm #178487

Hello, I have two questions I would like to ask, which I will write clearly at the end. First, some background info:

I’ve only had two girlfriends in my life – and that was during high school. I’m now 29 and haven’t had one since.

The thing is, I’m not a bad looking guy, either. I am, however – shy, quiet, and don’t get out much, nor do I approach many women, if at all.

I see beautiful women every day when I’m out doing errands, or going for walks, and I get looks too – but that’s all it ever it is. I’ve heard that women do like/want to be approached – but this varies, depending on the setting you are in. I’ve heard coffee shops are decent places.

The other problem I realized that I have, is that I’m too generic with my conversation, like: “Hey how’s it going? Did you see that movie? Yeah, I like music too.” Apparently, lots of guys are like that, too.

So! My questions are:

1. Where are good places to meet women, and;
    2. How can I change up my conversation to be more interesting?

Sebastian Cobb
    Sebastian Cobb
    Participant
    June 29, 2018 at 5:02 pm #178488

Additional details: I haven’t had any success with online dating, at all, in the 10 years I’ve used it. I don’t want to use it anymore. I’d much rather meet people the “old fashioned” way. It feels more genuine.

I’ve heard of taking up hobbies or classes, but I mean, what are the odds, realistically, that the right woman would be interested in the dorky old stuff that I am and show up at a class, or something?

Thanks,

S.C.

ieele
    ieele
    Participant
    June 29, 2018 at 10:28 pm #178497

go to 2d my dude never have to feed them

halimarina
    halimarina
    Participant
    June 30, 2018 at 11:19 am #178509

thank you

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    June 30, 2018 at 12:10 pm #178513

Generally speaking most (young) “attractive women” are attracted to three types of men.

1. Hot looking/Attractive Guys
    2. Successful Men With Money who are admired by other men
    3. “Bad Boys”, Guys with a cool “Swagger” or confidence bordering on arrogance.

Confidence comes with having one success after another. It’s not something one can snap their fingers and get instantly.
    You might want to practice by going out with women who don’t intimidate you and then work yourself up to the “attractive ones”.
    Another possibility is to pursue older women in their mid 30s -40s who aren’t chasing the fairytale and not playing games.
    The more women you date, have sex with, spend time with the more confident you’ll become. Baby steps!

As for online dating for 10 years with no luck that means you were 19. The problem is either you/your profile or the site.

IloveCats
    IloveCats
    Participant
    July 1, 2018 at 1:08 am #178519

A woman being attractive is not a reason to approach her and you shouldn’t and don’t have to be attractive for someone to approach you.

Arcann85
    Arcann85
    Participant
    July 1, 2018 at 8:08 pm #178535

Im actually kind of in question of this as well. There are many times I see girls while out and about but not sure if I should attempt to approach or converse with her with respect in mind given that I am a total stranger that she has never met before and the possibility of scaring her, annoying her (especially if she’s busy) or coming off like a stalker. Not sure what really IS a good way to approach or meet women. I don’t drink and I really don’t want a woman that frequents bars and clubs. I’m into intelligent women but also physically fit women. Physically, I have a major dental issue as well (going to cost over $100k to resolve) and that fear also makes me concerned as to how women may see it. Career, Car and House wise, I’m decent and am still improving…but not sure where to start.

• This reply was modified 3 weeks ago by Arcann85 Arcann85.
    • This reply was modified 3 weeks ago by Arcann85 Arcann85.