How and where to meet girls?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    August 8, 2018 at 5:54 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

lonelyfella12
    lonelyfella12
    Participant
    July 27, 2018 at 2:23 am #180316

I am in need for advice, hence why I am here.

I am probably the most innocent person you will meet. I am a virgin, never been on a real date, never had a girlfriend etc and I turn 23 in 7 months. I have very limited experience with girls.

I always try my best to attend as many social events with as much as possible, but in my field of work, I work super long hours, weekends are the most demanding and its quite rare to get a day off during those days. In this field, work becomes your life and its hard to find that balance sometimes.

It kinda feels shitty, one of my roommates goes on at least 3 dates a week and always tells me how fun it is and the things they did and deep inside, I get jealous because I can never score a date. I have been on apps such as bumble for quite some time now, and I cant even get a match that will have a decent conversation with me and that is willing to meet up. Sometimes it makes me feel unlikable and lonely :/

I would appreciate some advice, thank you

lonelyfella12
    lonelyfella12
    Participant
    July 27, 2018 at 2:25 am #180317

There are so many more things I could talk about but theres a character limit, and i’m just getting kinda lonely and tired.. Again thank you so much for your time and any advice is much appreciated!

maldoror
    maldoror
    Participant
    July 27, 2018 at 2:44 pm #180381

i am in a similar position

ShannonSharifTaylor
    ShannonSharifTaylor
    Participant
    July 27, 2018 at 5:12 pm #180403

Trust me, I was once in the same position as you two are in now and I understand the difficulties and the frustration of it all. That’s why years ago when I figured out how to change things for myself, I decided that I would help other accomplish the same success I was having. But the thing is, for me, it a long time to fix, and so for you, it wouldn’t take nearly as long because you’ll have my guidance.. If either of you two are interesting in talking and hearing how I can help you shoot me an email

minnesotadude
    minnesotadude
    Participant
    August 2, 2018 at 11:52 pm #180754

You could just try approaching as many random women as possible in the supermarket or wherever, and ask if they’de like to meet for coffee. You’ll get rejected over and over again and it will be good for you. You will build a tolerance for rejection and make you more confident. Just remember to always be a gentlemen about it. Eventually one will take you up on the offer.

Jar of Flies
    Jar of Flies
    Participant
    August 10, 2018 at 3:11 am #181265

First off, I highly doubt your roommate has three dates a week regularly. How would he even fit that into his schedule?

Second, it’s very hard to judge what you’re doing “wrong.” Maybe your behavior comes off weird or insecure to women? Maybe you have terrible posture and oil hair? I can’t tell any of that from your post. Are you approaching women and being rejected repeatedly? Also, consider your strengths and pastimes, which might help you connect with someone.

winelovers
    winelovers
    Participant
    August 11, 2018 at 2:53 am #181373

These guys have pretty neat concept, this actually worked for me at least once   wineforwannabes dot com

paulya
    paulya
    Participant
    August 11, 2018 at 9:12 am #181383

unexpectedly

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    August 11, 2018 at 2:49 pm #181392

Maybe you should consider switching careers. Based upon what you wrote it doesn’t sound like you’re “happy”.
    People are drawn to and want to be around those who at least appear to be (happy) with their life.

Secondly, even if you found a girl who was interested in you but you simply didn’t have time to spend with her it wouldn’t work. She’d either dump you or end up cheating on you with a guy who actually {had to the time} to be with her!

Another option is to pursue a woman who is in the (same boat) as yourself with a demanding career and limited social life.
    As one old adage goes: “Birds of a feather flock together”.

Last but not least consider joining multiple apps, online dating sites, and going to nightclubs, parties, beaches, festivals, church…etc Finding women is not hard to do. They’re everywhere!
    Having the courage to face rejection when approaching and flirting with them takes practice.

If you want something different (you) have to do something different!