How do I deal with guy distancing himself?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    June 6, 2019 at 8:07 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

laura567
    laura567
    Participant
    April 6, 2019 at 9:58 am #198230

Hi everyone,

I met a guy from a dating app two and a half months ago and we got on really well.
    We started dating once a week and then progressed to seeing each other two or three times a week.
    We text most days and have been sleeping together.

The last couple of weeks, the texting had slowed and I seem to initiate most conversations. I started to think he was ghosting me, but he then messaged me again after 5 days of silence, and his text implied he wanted to meet up. Once I responded though, he never replied again.

He has recently quit his job and isn’t sure what he wants to do next. I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt that he just had a lot on his plate, but I’m also not naive and am wondering if he has met someone else.

My question is – how do I respond? I want to call him out on his behaviour because I feel we have been seeing each other long enough and I want to know here I stand – am I overreacting though if I ask if he still wants to see me?

Thanks!

• This topic was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by laura567 laura567.
    dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    April 6, 2019 at 4:41 pm #198241

“how do I respond? I want to call him out on his behavior..”
    You ignore his calls and move on.

Your (ego) wants to call him out.
    However you already know if a guy was “into you” he wouldn’t go 5 days with no contact.
    This guy is not even working so therefore he has plenty of time to reach you IF he wanted to.

“I feel we have been seeing each other long enough and I want to know where I stand…”
    When a guy is not calling you it’s pretty obvious he does not believe (you) are “the one” for him.
    If you’ve been together for 2 1/2 months {without a label} it’s possible for someone to not see this as being “exclusive”.
    It’s good to know where you stand before becoming emotionally invested.

However some women LOVE to come up with excuses for guys rather than simply move on.
    As you noted you wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt.
    Trust me if it were the other way around a (guy) wouldn’t give you the benefit of doubt.

Actions speak louder than words!!!
    You don’t distance yourself from someone you’re crazy about.

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    April 6, 2019 at 4:50 pm #198243

I meant to say it’s possible for someone to see this as NOT being “exclusive relationship”.

When there has been no “talk” to define a relationship some people see this as a way of keeping their options open.
    You may want to check your dating app to see if his profile is still active.
    He may have met another woman.

Meera
    Meera
    Participant
    May 5, 2019 at 11:57 pm #199915

I’m in a similar situation. Although we weren’t quite dating yet. I like yourself would wonder if he quit his job is there something else going on in his life. Did you ask him what his reason was for not contacting you?