How do I develop something with this guy ?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    August 8, 2019 at 10:22 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    Adult Friend Finder Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

krystalviolin
    krystalviolin
    Participant
    February 11, 2019 at 5:39 pm #194746

So there is this guy who I have been texting and snapping with for almost 3 weeks now. We talked on the phone one evening for 90 minutes. I really like this guy. But our situation is kinda difficult to start dating.

We live about 90 minutes by car away from each other (I can’t even drive but he can). We’re both in high school, he’s 18, I’m 17. We both attend a seminar that is only about 7 times per semester (don’t expect me to explain what kind of seminar that is) and it is in a town that kind of is in the middle of the route between us. We’ve met in person 3 times at the seminar by now. He won’t be going there anymore but probably will move to another town from the upcoming summer semester if he gets accepted at the university there, which he probably will. I will still go to high school till summer and finish my a-levels. He will also finish his somehow. Now that town is like 4 hours away from where I live..
    These are the facts.

I think he likes me, too. Otherwise, he would’ve st

krystalviolin
    krystalviolin
    Participant
    February 11, 2019 at 5:42 pm #194747

I think he likes me, too. Otherwise, he would’ve stopped texting me, right? (Don’t worry, I pay attention to not texting him more than he texts me so I don’t come across as needy.) And he compliments me from time to time. The flirting started per text and that was all after we saw each other three times at the seminar. There we also didn’t have much conversation, he just complimented me once.

Now I don’t know if I should keep flirting with him and wait till he asks me out or if I should let him go because we don’t know each other that well yet and it would be hard for us to date.

krystalviolin
    krystalviolin
    Participant
    February 16, 2019 at 8:04 am #195053

I have an update: We were talking on the phone last night and he asked me out! We’re gonna meet in the town where we meet in the middle, which means I need 1,5 to 2 hours to be there. He asked if I could come today already but I said I had an appointment because that was too quick for me, I need to be mentally and physically prepared :’D. He said we could meet next week some time.. My problem is: Of course the distance and time it takes. I mean, up to 4 hours travel time in total and the time we spend there. What do I tell my parents? Mom, I’m just gonna go to that town to have a date with some musician and then come back after about 7 hours. I have a trauma because back when I was 12, I tried to go to a date with my first love and my mom found out and immediately made me break off contact with him, took my phone away and stuff.. Okay, I was pretty young and now I’m 17. But I have a-levels coming up and should be studying all the time to get into med school, so my mom probably won’t

krystalviolin
    krystalviolin
    Participant
    February 16, 2019 at 8:06 am #195054

be happy. I’m scared she might ruin this if I tell her. Plus, she always says: Never date a musician.. So maybe I should lie and tell my mom, I’m at my best friend’s house? I really wanna go on a date with this guy.

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    February 17, 2019 at 1:43 pm #195080

Maybe you need to RELAX!
    Trust me at this age the main thing most teenage guys are looking to do is get laid.
    So stop having these romantic fairytales about the “obstacles” you believe are keeping you from love.
    If this guy were truly interested in seeing you (he) would drive out to see you.

It’s not smart for a woman/girl without a car to travel to meet a guy (4 hours away) whom she has only seen 3 times.
    Some day when you are truly an adult you will understand where your mother was coming from when you were 12.

As a teenager you have to accept the fact that as long as you have someone taking care of you they are responsible for you.
    Once you go away to college you will have more freedom than you ever dreamed of without having to work a job you hate.
    This guy like it or not is “geographically undesirable” because you can’t drive and he is not driving to come see you.
    Don’t turn this into some kind of “Romeo and Juliet” story. He’s not your “soulmate”.

katherinexh
    katherinexh
    Participant
    February 18, 2019 at 7:32 pm #195119

You can maybe ask him to come to you so you dont have to travel alone for 4 hours, and your mom could maybe meet him if you fear her reaction she might be put to ease if she saw him face to face first. And as for the distance issue if the first date is amazing im sure you guys can make it work you just met so everything is new and exciting but you dont know if it is going to work yet so why stress over it. And if the date sucks he is four hours away so little chance of bumping into eachother so thats a plus.

krystalviolin
    krystalviolin
    Participant
    February 25, 2019 at 2:59 pm #195537

So we finally have a date. Next week on Friday in a boat restaurant in that town “between us”.
    I am really looking forward to it. Can you guys give me some first date tips if you have any?