How do I flirt with a really shy guy?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2019 at 5:04 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    Adult Friend Finder Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Sweetlolly
    Sweetlolly
    Participant
    November 17, 2019 at 10:57 am #225205

I met this guy on a discord server two nights ago and we both participated in playing a Jackbox game for 3-4 hours. We were using voice chat with other people. He said he has problems talking to girls and that he’s very shy, but over the course of those few hours he started flirting with me. He said I had a beautiful voice and that he’d date me in real life. After the games were over, my friend (male) and I asked him for his Instagram cause he mentioned it briefly, and we all added each other. He said I was beautiful. The entire night gave me butterflies.
    But after the night was over, he didn’t add me as a friend on discord or tried to communicate with me further. I tried messaging him but we exchanged just a few replies where he seemed interested, but that was it. I know I’m rushing but I actually really like this guy and my friend who knows him from before tells me he is REALLY shy. What can I do to get things going without overwhelming him? He’s from the US I’m from Europe

Sirpurplewolf
    Sirpurplewolf
    Participant
    November 17, 2019 at 3:13 pm #225214

Aproch him gently and don’t rush. As shy guy myself, i think you should keep talking to him a couple of days more and see if he is willing to to keep in touch with you. If you get the vibe that he is not replaying out of kindness,and being polite, than consider to make the real first move to become more than friends.

Johnbobby121
    Johnbobby121
    Participant
    November 17, 2019 at 10:24 pm #225218

Just keep playing the game with him to find out other things. Take your time cause if he likes you he just might need you to be gentle!

jeremywallah
    jeremywallah
    Participant
    November 18, 2019 at 12:10 am #225222

if you want him take some first steps instead of him, even if he likes you his shyness will stay in the way

mntgirl2
    mntgirl2
    Participant
    November 20, 2019 at 2:04 pm #225455

Agreed, take a few first steps and then see how it goes

luciferwilder
    luciferwilder
    Participant
    November 21, 2019 at 6:07 am #225497

Few tips are here….
    the thing is that shy guys aren’t from a fifferent planet, so just talk to them and get over reservations.
    Need to Initiate and no need to try flirting, Need to give him an opportunity to talk..Don’t ask many questions…act normal..Befriend Him.

mford24
    mford24
    Participant
    November 21, 2019 at 1:58 pm #225556

play hard to get. and say things like oh really? keep it fun

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    December 10, 2019 at 1:37 pm #226386

He’s in the U.S. and you’re in Europe.
    I wouldn’t get my hopes up!

Long distance relationships were meant to be temporary! The goal is to be with the person you love.
    Most long distance relationships fail when there’s no “light at the end of the tunnel” whereby someone will relocate.
    It’s the counting down of the months, weeks, and days until one is finally done with the inconvenience of being in a LDR
    that keeps it strong! The only valid reason for being in a LDR is the belief you have found “the one”.
    If you’re just dating someone for the “FUN” of it you might as well do that locally.

Unless you both have the means to travel back and forth odds are this won’t have a chance.

“he started flirting with me. He said I had a beautiful voice and that he’d date me in real life.”
    “…my friend who knows him from before tells me he is REALLY shy.”

Those are two contradictory statements.
    Any guy who flirts openly with you and proclaims he would date you isn’t all that “shy”.