How do you guys decide when you ask someone if they would like to date you?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2018 at 1:37 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Keanu
    Keanu
    Participant
    September 30, 2018 at 10:32 am #185774

I’m (16M Junior) pretty inexperienced when it comes to dating cause I’ve never actually been in one, but I would like to start trying in order to get some experience and know what I like later in life. Anyways I wanted to ask you guys a couple questions:

When and how do you decide to ask someone if they would like to date you?

Do you ask them when you know them a little more than but being friends?

Or do you ask them in order to get to know them?

For example for me: The is a girl(16F Sophomore) that I like in my class. I know a good amount about her and we talk a lot of over text and Snapchat. However, we don’t talk much in person, she seems kind of shy. So based on that, what would be my next steps in order to form a relationship with her? Should I wait a little longer and try to know a little more about her, or should I try and show her/telling her that I like her and then proceed to ask if she would like to hang out?

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    October 2, 2018 at 12:42 pm #185954

High school dating and adult dating are two different worlds.

In high school all you need to do is be friendly with a girl and invite her to attend the “Homecoming Game” or some other school function.
    You also have the option of coming off (very casual) by inviting girls to “hang out” with a group of friends who are going to be somewhere.
    Other possible dates are matinee movies, bowling, amusement park, beach, or going to a concert/local festival…

At this point it’s not necessary for you to announce you “like” the girl.
    Not many guys would invest time and money taking out a girl they did NOT like.
    Flirting and laughing together is usually a sign there is mutual attraction.

Since you talk a lot via text. Send her a text and ask her if she’d be interested in seeing a movie with you this weekend.
    It’s that easy! Afterwards you can grab a quick bite to eat and talk about the movie.

Never try to become “friends” first because it’s so hard to get out of the “friend zone”!

Lilspaceghost
    Lilspaceghost
    Participant
    October 2, 2018 at 2:04 pm #185966

To answer your first question, it really just depends on you and how you feel about the person. If it feels like the right time then that’s when you go for it. For your second question, you can ask them to be friends but take note that doesn’t always work out in the way you want. Just talk to them more and get to know them and decide from there where you go. Although you can express interest in them and go hangout more to get to know them better.

As for your situation, I would try talking to her more in person first. Use that time to see if she is interested in you. If you feel like she is, then go for it and tell her! And while it may not be “necessary” to announce it but trust me she will appreciate you telling her! Also forget about the “friend zone” that is a load of bull. All it means is that your friend doesn’t return your romantic feelings and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that.

sammisam
    sammisam
    Participant
    October 7, 2018 at 3:08 pm #186415

Definitely try talking to her I person! Maybe invite her to sit with you at lunch or work on homework or study for a test together.

leyla
    leyla
    Participant
    October 8, 2018 at 10:57 am #186434

actually show your interested. ask questions, set dates and times.