How important is the money?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    November 11, 2019 at 12:58 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    Adult Friend Finder Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

twiles
    twiles
    Participant
    January 11, 2019 at 1:17 am #192423

Well, I just started dating the sweetest guy I have ever met. He is the same religion as me, we both love basketball, and I find him really funny and attractive. I feel really lucky to be with him. I recently have gotten caught up with some red flags. He is 28, still lives with his parents, he has one part time job, he still hasn’t finished his bachelors degree, he has a lot of debt, and his parents are still giving him a monthly allowance. I’m horrified with the way he has handled his money and refused to grow up. I’m very different than him and I bring it up now every time we talk. He jokes around about being spoiled but it really bothers me. When we had a serious talk, he said he would work on it. I don’t know what to do. Is this worth breaking up about? Is it bad that he doesn’t have his life together still?

incanada
    incanada
    Participant
    January 11, 2019 at 3:03 am #192424

Sweet, funny and attractive.
    Also immature, dependent, unambitious.
    This ain’t about money it’s about character and he has some traits you obviously don’t like.

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    January 11, 2019 at 1:48 pm #192456

“He is 28, still lives with his parents, he has one part time job, he still hasn’t finished his bachelors degree, he has a lot of debt, and his parents are still giving him a monthly allowance.” Hmmm, What is the word I’m looking for…. LOSER!!!

If you’re just dating someone for the “fun of it” money doesn’t matter at all.
    However if you are considering marriage, building a future with someone, having children, or even cohabitating…
    Money matters! (Big Time). Poverty Sucks!

“He jokes around about being spoiled but it really bothers me.”

Avoid taking on a “project”! Generally speaking people don’t change unless (they) are unhappy.
    The goal is to find someone who (already is) the kind of person you want to be with.
    Life is too short to be trying to change water into wine!

justinarrog
    justinarrog
    Participant
    January 13, 2019 at 9:05 pm #192493

Not much but if you have more money a girl is more likely to like you (not always the case)

yardy
    yardy
    Participant
    January 15, 2019 at 6:50 pm #192675

He sounds like he’s got no goal in life and I’m not sure if you can have a future with him.

heavenscrown
    heavenscrown
    Participant
    January 15, 2019 at 9:58 pm #192680

If he isn’t willing to take his finances seriously he is not ready to take you seriously

guy1234
    guy1234
    Participant
    January 16, 2019 at 4:34 pm #192757

depends how much you care about him

Ruy
    Ruy
    Participant
    January 22, 2019 at 12:41 am #193081

If you care about him enough, dont break up. But dont let yourself get draged down either

January 22, 2019 at 2:28 am #193085

pretty important

Thynight
    Thynight
    Participant
    January 22, 2019 at 11:53 pm #193202
    Reply To: How important is the money?

This is a personal thing. How much are you willing to put up with?

For me I wouldn’t be happy unless he changed and that is unlikely.

cheeringforlove
    cheeringforlove
    Participant
    January 23, 2019 at 11:01 am #193250

To be honest, it sounds like if he’s 28 and he still doesn’t have his life figured out, he never will.

LJWentworth32
    LJWentworth32
    Participant
    January 23, 2019 at 10:37 pm #193305

id say it depends but its important. its up there.

GJ
    GJ
    Participant
    January 24, 2019 at 8:47 am #193302

Run, run, run.

carajane
    carajane
    Participant
    February 4, 2019 at 8:25 am #194094

I don’t think it is about money. it is about him being a responsible adult. At 28 him not taking life to serious is kind of a red fleg for me. What do you want from him? What do you want from this relationship? Anything you do, don’t settle for less 🙂 it’s not worth it.