How popular is online dating

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2018 at 8:38 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

tyler
    tyler
    Participant
    September 21, 2018 at 9:33 pm #185048

Hi guys! I’m not very knowledgeable about the whole dating scene. Besides one time in high school I’ve never actually had a gf and I’m now 21 yrs old in college with a little over a year left. I drive an hour there and back every day so it’s kinda hard to be involved in campus so I’ve been thinking about venturing into online dating but I always kinda thought it was not popular or it was just a place for hookups. So how many people really use online dating succesfully and what are the best sites to meet women not just for hookups like tinder? Thanks!

tyler
    tyler
    Participant
    September 21, 2018 at 9:34 pm #185049

Also are there a lot of younger people my age online or is it more for people who finished school?

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    September 23, 2018 at 8:20 pm #185063

“So how many people really use online dating successfully….”

First of all at age 21 odds are no matter how you meet a woman it’s not going to end in marriage.

Truth be told when it comes to love and relationships most of us (fail our way) to success.
    Rarely does someone hit a homerun their first, second, third, or fourth time up at bat.
    If this were not the case we would all be married to our high school sweethearts!

At your age you should approach dating for the purpose of having FUN and socializing.
    The average age of a first time bride is 27 and for grooms it’s 29. Your 20s are for exploring!

You make it sound like “hookups” is a bad thing. Whether it’s a hookup or a relationship it’s a human connection.
    This very website has reviews of the top online dating sites and it breaks things down by male to female ratio, age, income…etc
    Do some research and choose a site. There’s also Meetup dot com for hobby groups to meet people of similar interest in your area.

fastwk2
    fastwk2
    Participant
    November 3, 2018 at 6:56 pm #188685

For me, online dating is not fun at all. Unless you’re in a big city where the search pool is huge, it seems it’s mostly nothing but single moms and the rest just aren’t very attractive. Nothing wrong with being a single mom, but I just prefer to date someone without kids. I just don’t want an “instant family.” On top of that, most of the sites require a subscription to use the features like messaging, likes, views, etc. It gets expensive and adds up substantially over time. If you are still young and in college, do yourself a huge favor and try to meet someone while your still young and in school. It’s soo much harder the older you get and are out of school.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by fastwk2 fastwk2.
    kai83
    kai83
    Participant
    November 6, 2018 at 1:26 pm #188842

Too many uncertainties dating online but people nowadays are more aware of the dangers, so it makes it a more mainstream solution.

SilverPlace2018
    SilverPlace2018
    Participant
    November 7, 2018 at 10:02 pm #188970

It can be fun if you don’t have extremely high expectations. The free ones can be fun and some have plenty of local people. MeetMe is a good one but males tend to have a lot of “bots” pop up.

insomniac
    insomniac
    Participant
    November 9, 2018 at 8:16 pm #189157

I have only had one experience online and it didn’t end up very well. I’ll save that story for another time. I know a couple of people that online dating eventually led to marriage. I think that many people tend to “rush” into being in a relationship. It takes time to get to know someone. If you meet someone online, don’t be so quick to get into “deep talk.” You don’t have to open up about “deep” things so quickly. Just try getting to know one another with casual talk. Asking questions that the other person will feel comfortable with. Like asking what their fav foods are, do they enjoy traveling, where have they traveled. With you being so young, you may gradually find things in common about education, liking the same genre of music or movies, etc. Just keep an open mind and don’t bring up or answer to deep, soul searching topics. There’s no rush in getting to know someone. Just have fun and take your time. Better yet, save some money and travel. Meet new people….

henriettannebe
    henriettannebe
    Participant
    November 10, 2018 at 1:44 am #189163

Quite popular and these are my favorite:

1. Elite Singles hooks you up with your potential other half by comparing your professions along with general compatibility and your Alma Mater so you’ll always have someone to chit chat with.

Why it’s great:

You’ll get matches based on if you want something long-lasting, or short and sweet, along with your education, location, and personality profile! So if you want a rocket scientist, this site is the one for you.

Get a membership for $59.95 a month.

2.Bumble puts destiny into your hands, letting women (or people who ID as women!) initiate first contact so you don’t have tons of dudes getting upset that you haven’t responded in a time that was convenient for them.

Why it’s great:

If you pay the extra money, you can see everyone who who liked you, extend your matches for another 24 hours so your crush can have time to look you over, and re-match with expired connections — which is perfect for anyone who dips in and out of dating app

Hamed99
    Hamed99
    Participant
    November 12, 2018 at 12:46 pm #189215
    Reply To: How popular is online dating

It is very popular ofc

DonnaO80
    DonnaO80
    Participant
    November 30, 2018 at 3:19 am #190291
    Reply To: How popular is online dating

I met my ex husband on a dating site. Now I’m divorced the online dating scene has changed a bit. I feel there’s a lot more casual hookups than there used to be thanks to particular dating apps or sites. I think you just have to persist with finding as site that suits you and what you’re looking for, they do exist – you just need to weed them out.