How popular is online dating

DATING ADVICE FORUM

How popular is online dating

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    July 7, 2020 at 6:56 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    Adult Friend Finder Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

nyoyperez
    nyoyperez
    Participant
    January 23, 2020 at 4:08 am #228247
    Reply To: How popular is online dating

Yes, very helpful to get a partner 🙂

Chas5566
    Chas5566
    Participant
    January 23, 2020 at 3:04 pm #228305

There are so many dating sites, of many tastes. The first trick is for YOU to put in the effort to find a site with like-minded people, who are looking for the same as you. That site IS out there. ANYthing good is worth the time and effort

The second trick is keep trying when it doesn’t work out with someone else. Yes, get back on the horse. (A trope I hate but true.)

There’s a very old joke told so many different ways, that ends like this: So I had to ask him, “Why do you keep doing that? 9 times out of 10 you get slapped. He smiled broadly and proudly, “Ah, but that 10th time!”

m123
    m123
    Participant
    January 24, 2020 at 5:40 pm #228395

apparently popular

KindLovingPerson
    KindLovingPerson
    Participant
    February 6, 2020 at 6:02 am #229091

I believe it’s quite popular

herkamer63
    herkamer63
    Participant
    February 6, 2020 at 11:07 am #229153

I’ve checked out Tinder, and it’s still on my phone, but honestly, I wouldn’t fully trust it. The other night, there’s a girl I know that’s on there and all she uses it for is hookups. Granted, she is a good looking girl, but she admitted that she’s in it to have one night stands with guys and not an actual relationship.It actually explains why she’s depressed and grouchy a lot because other guys are starting to pick up on it. There’s others on Tinder that are the same way, so I’d say stay away from it as much as possible.

I’ve been trying out Zoosk lately and I’ve actually been impressed by it. Can’t say the same with others that are on it because experiences differ from person to person, but for what they have setup, it’s easier to find someone who’s actually looking for a REAL relationship on there, opposed to Tinder. I’m giving online dating ago myself, and, so far, this has me convinced enough to spend a little money on it. Still a little iffy about it, but I’m trying it, too!

Grimlokk
    Grimlokk
    Participant
    February 7, 2020 at 5:46 am #229225

It is fairly popular. The only problem is many (women at least) mostly use it to pass the time with no serious intention of mee up.

Grilp
    Grilp
    Participant
    February 8, 2020 at 4:07 pm #229331

I’ll give you a personal example.

I’m a fairly young male living in South Florida (USA). There are two consistent problems I’ve ran into with regards to traditional dating means.

I’m not really big in clubs and bars. I’d much rather a relaxed night with friends playing board games and debating various things.
    There are typically tons of tourists and I’m not into long distance relationships.
    Online dating proves triumphant against each of these problems I face. I have opened myself to meet people I wouldn’t normally cross paths with in my daily life and it helps highlight locals.
    Additionally, I can glance at a profile and quickly tell if a woman will compliment my lifestyle and desires or if she’s the opposite.

A story I often tell is of a woman named Amanda. Nearly every Saturday I’d go to a local sandwich shop and people watch while eating and early lunch, typically leaving around 12:30p. Amanda would frequent the same sandwich as myself and even sit at the same table as I’d often

blazingdj
    blazingdj
    Participant
    February 10, 2020 at 1:48 am #229339

It’s easy to find someone online and be attracted cause if you’re in a dating website the intention is clear which is to find someone and build a relationship on the process. So online dating is really popular cause not only you can easily connect from one place to another but also it gives you the chance to easily explore the world and find the right one for you with just a laptop, smartphone, or pc. And it’s free for all, doesn’t matter if your old or young or whatsoever. It’s the magic that happens when the two different come to a understanding. But of course you need to keep in mind that there are things you need to know before getting in a relationship.

Vivi5
    Vivi5
    Participant
    February 10, 2020 at 8:04 am #229345

The problem I find with most dating apps is that they base compatibility on looks. And sure, we do like feeling physically at someone, but that doesn’t build a strong relationship, in my opinion.

However, I can say I recently used an app to make friends (although most people actually use it for dating) and I just met someone I really like. So I guess it also depends a bit on luck?

damian
    damian
    Participant
    February 10, 2020 at 6:59 pm #229405

Apps are cool but there are way more men than women

Satisfaction63
    Satisfaction63
    Participant
    February 12, 2020 at 9:53 am #229514

I personally find online dating very handy. It serves all my needs for my situation. Im a older man and enjoy being alone, but as all men we sometimes need communicating with females and also satisfaction….I recently started using Dominodate, and it seems to have very open minded girls behind their cameras. I get what I need from that website so I´ll stick with it

Familyguy95
    Familyguy95
    Participant
    February 12, 2020 at 12:22 pm #229518

Almost everyone in my area is using it

Oliveiro
    Oliveiro
    Participant
    June 3, 2020 at 3:43 am #234582

When I was a student I had experience in dating girls online, but it was something temporary, nothing special. My friend, for example, started to chat with a girl in the Internet and now they are married and happy together. Everyone has different luck

BigCoco6
    BigCoco6
    Participant
    June 5, 2020 at 10:18 am #234672

When knowing to look out for the dangers in talking to people online, it can actually be great! You get to chat for a while with a peraon before actually meeting and if you’re serious enough abiut one another you’ll find your way around to meeting one another, even if you’re in a long distance relationship

cuteguyg28
    cuteguyg28
    Participant
    June 6, 2020 at 7:46 am #234709

Online dating is not great. Yes I have had a lot of relationships from online and it seem to be the best way to meet people these days. Its just the quality of women is far bellow average and there is too much competitions.

1 2 3