How should I proceed or should I?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    November 11, 2019 at 11:43 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    Adult Friend Finder Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Abaco
    Abaco
    Participant
    March 15, 2019 at 5:56 pm #196892

OK I’ll keep this as brief as possible. There is a woman I like. We worked together for 4 -5 years but never really talked. A couple of years back I worked on a very important technical project. She helped out at it and got to see me in action. Two days after it she stopped me in the hall and told me how impressed she was with my work and then said “I have always believed intelligence to be the sexiest part of a man”. A couple weeks later she stopped me in the hall and commented on how she liked the way I was wearing my hair while gently running her finger through the front of my hair. I did nothing about any of this because I thought she was out of my league plus we worked together.
    It’s 2 years later and I saw on Facebook she was tending bar at a place near me. I went to see her twice. First night with a friend. She was very excited to see me. We talked some but the place was really busy. Two weeks later I went back by myself, we talked more but the bar was still busy, CONTINUED!!

Abaco
    Abaco
    Participant
    March 15, 2019 at 6:31 pm #196893

CONTINUED. Finally I got up to leave and I told her I was going to meet friends at another bar. She picked up my I phone and came out from behind the bar so we could take some selfies of us so we could send them to my friends to show them how much fun we were having right there! She then asked me if I had her phone number. I said no so she gave me her phone set to the contacts page and asked me to give her my number and she would text me hers. Since I was on my way out I figured I had better leave. As I was walking out she said that she would try to meet up with me after work, she got off at 7:00. I went to the other bar and stayed until 9:00 but she didn’t show, she also didn’t text me. I waited a week and went back to the bar but she wasn’t there. I saw on Facebook that she was in California.
    What should I do now?
    I should mention that she is younger, well educated, a model & local MMA ring girl (honest!) I’m considered very smart but looks wise I don’t think I’m anything special.

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    March 17, 2019 at 4:43 pm #196933

She said: “I have always believed intelligence to be the sexiest part of a man”.
    “commented on how she liked the way I was wearing my hair while gently running her finger through the front of my hair.”
    “She was very excited to see me”
    “She picked up my phone and came out from behind the bar so we could take some selfies of us…”
    “She then asked me if I had her phone number. …she gave me her phone set to the contacts page and asked me to give her my number .

This woman did everything except jump on your face!

At some point she was likely going to stop trying so hard .

You kept doing the negative self-talk telling yourself [she’s out of your league] and ” I don’t think I’m anything special.”
    Women love guys who are confident, have swagger, and slightly arrogant in some instances.
    If she’s moved to California forget about it. Just get your head in the game the next time an opportunity comes along.

It’s one thing if a woman rejects you but NEVER reject yourself for (her)!

Abaco
    Abaco
    Participant
    March 18, 2019 at 8:48 am #196896

New update. I just found out from a friend that the girl I like just got a job working as a nurse at an area prison. Because of this I’m guessing that she willn’t be tending bar anymore since she was just doing that until she got a new nursing job. So now I have no idea how to contact her except on Facebook which I was told is always a bad idea. Any idea’s on what I should do now or should I do nothing at all?

Confusedtoo
    Confusedtoo
    Participant
    March 18, 2019 at 4:27 pm #197028

Hmm, I think me personally I would probably try the Facebook way. Honestly, you don’t work together anymore and the worst the could happen is she tell you she not interested you. You gotta just go for it sometimes.

Jmanster
    Jmanster
    Participant
    March 19, 2019 at 12:40 am #197037

Yes, go for it!

Atomika
    Atomika
    Participant
    March 24, 2019 at 6:55 pm #197516

Indeed, go for it!