How Successful Is Online Dating?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

How Successful Is Online Dating?

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    September 9, 2019 at 9:59 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    Adult Friend Finder Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

system311
    system311
    Participant
    April 15, 2015 at 10:36 pm #77315
    Reply To: How Successful Is Online Dating?

I have had no luck with it, really. I have tried paid sites and free ones and have made “connections” but nothing that has led to anything in the real world.
    I do know people who have had success with it. My brother met his current girlfriend on Tinder and they are happy and have been for some time. She is a definite upgrade from his wife who he met the old-fashioned way, so this can be a great testament to the success of online dating. It just hasn’t had the same results for me. I have very high standards and the women who I am able to connect with online do not meet them. I have much better luck in the real world.

ThatKidAaron
    ThatKidAaron
    Participant
    April 15, 2015 at 10:53 pm #77317

It is almost like a game of Russian Roulette.

system311
    system311
    Participant
    April 18, 2015 at 1:52 am #77525

I have heard of it working. Some of my family members have found love this way. My cousin met his wife this way and they have been married for many years. My brother met his current girlfriend online and she is great! They have been together for a year now.

I was still skeptical a bit until tonight. I just had the most amazing date off of an online dating match. It may not lead to anything (though I really hope it does) but this girl was awesome and we had a great time, so my faith in online dating is restored.

shanu7398
    shanu7398
    Participant
    April 21, 2015 at 7:19 am #77617

I feel that it is the least successful..

jilly
    jilly
    Participant
    April 24, 2015 at 3:19 pm #77861

I reluctantly started online dating about 6 months ago. It hasn’t been that long but I’m not anymore convinced that you are able to find a meaningful relationship. I think that unfortunately it brings out the worst in otherwise good people sometimes because it’s so easy to keep looking for and expecting that there is always something better out there. I wonder if it makes us too picky and not really give people a fair chance. I find myself doing it which I never really did when I dated traditionally before. Maybe too many options is not such a good thing???

dan
    dan
    Participant
    April 25, 2015 at 3:10 pm #77887

I didnt have much luck with it.

LorMD1266
    LorMD1266
    Participant
    April 30, 2015 at 1:11 am #78118

In my experience online dating caters towards introverts. If you are a shy or less outgoing person, this may be the route to go for you; (There are extroverts that use online dating…but they mostly use it as a way to hook up). it’s often difficult for introverts to meet people the “normal” way through bars and stuff. As far as successful lasting relationships, I feel like it is at least as good as meeting someone in person if not better…you have many more choices at your fingertips, and more information available to you before you even see their face in person.

sports_fan2015
    sports_fan2015
    Participant
    May 23, 2015 at 11:22 am #79659

All I got are all the shallow girls on there.

Nickf
    Nickf
    Participant
    June 1, 2015 at 7:05 pm #79963

i just started online dating this year, not much luck with tinder but okc seems to be the best right now.

keenk
    keenk
    Participant
    June 1, 2015 at 9:12 pm #79965

G

AngelinaLu
    AngelinaLu
    Participant
    June 4, 2015 at 9:57 am #80137

Finding true love through online dating is quite unconvential, yes, but it has happened before, so I can say that it is really successful. If you are thinking of online dating yourself and you want to find your future spouse there, you just have to be dedicated in your search. Do not give up easily if you still haven’t found anyone you are interested with after a day of browsing through profiles because ‘she’ may enter the site tomorrow, and you surely do not want to miss that, do you?

StrictlySaucers
    StrictlySaucers
    Participant
    June 8, 2015 at 8:35 am #80356

It hasn’t been worth it for me, but ojtside of time, I haven’t spent a dime. I’m actually curious how many of the people who found healthy relationship, capable people, were paid members.

Vivahate
    Vivahate
    Participant
    June 10, 2015 at 8:07 am #80544

It is such a frustrating thing because if you asked me to objectively try and come up with a list of pros and cons about online dating I would end up listing way more pros than cons. In theory it is fantastic. However, in practice I haven’t been as lucky and have not had great success. I feel the fact I can still logically call it good makes me think I have just been having bad luck, or I am the problem as opposed to it being the problem because it can definitely work. So I think it is an incredibly individualistic thing.

matildam
    matildam
    Participant
    June 11, 2015 at 5:15 pm #80699

it is successful just be wary

chasequicken
    chasequicken
    Participant
    June 12, 2015 at 2:52 am #80717

somewhat successful

1 2 3 4