How Successful Is Online Dating?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

How Successful Is Online Dating?

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    May 5, 2020 at 1:59 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    Adult Friend Finder Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

ConfusedHBC
    ConfusedHBC
    Participant
    June 12, 2015 at 12:03 pm #80787

One in a million but it happens

missm86
    missm86
    Participant
    June 18, 2015 at 2:27 pm #81295

I find it ok, however spurts of being on and then coming off are a good idea as it can get frustrating and boring.

TxCincy
    TxCincy
    Participant
    June 18, 2015 at 4:17 pm #81302

I’ve found that each dating site brings a different common thread with the type of people I meet. Tinder is usually shorter term and more fun oriented personalities. Match tends to have people in the mode of actively pursuing a relationship. OKCupid is full of interesting people but they seem to be unsure of what they want. POF are your toe-in-the-water online daters. My personal favorite is Coffee Meets Bagel. Its one a day so I don’t waste a lot of time searching through profiles impacting me emotionally along the way. But these are just my personal experiences.

rimiahuja
    rimiahuja
    Participant
    July 5, 2015 at 6:22 am #81988

Well we can not neglect the benefits of online dating. I did dating lots of times with india.proximeety and always get good friends there. But yes few sites also available there where you can not find any thing.

Anonymous
    Anonymous
    Inactive
    July 7, 2015 at 5:08 pm #82186

I think it’s quite successful if you do it right

bpeters1439
    bpeters1439
    Participant
    July 8, 2015 at 12:26 am #82206

It works if you can get along with each other and trust each other.

rev11
    rev11
    Participant
    July 8, 2015 at 12:07 pm #82277

I have met many women online and find it is a great way to give yourself more options. From my personal experience I have found that it’s hard to find meaningful relationships online but I have had it happen once. I don’t think it is any easier offline but maybe women put up a bigger guard when meeting online.

Timing_87
    Timing_87
    Participant
    July 8, 2015 at 7:46 pm #82412

No luck so far here, been on about 7 dates at least!

Urbangirl
    Urbangirl
    Participant
    July 11, 2015 at 2:39 pm #82655

I have used online dating sites before but I finally had to just give up. I met some really nice guys and then some really weird ones too. I ended really liking one of them. We dated for about a year. He would not commit though which I just could not deal with. We had so much in common and also got along really well too. It seems like there are a lot of those types on those sites though. I don’t know about everyone else, I do not like getting my heart broken all of the time due to never feeling good enough for these men to settle down with. They always seem like they want to date me too but are looking for better. I am not all about looks… All as I want is a man who is nice to me, takes care of himself, fun to be around, genuine and loyal. This is the way that I am and have always been in the relationships that I have had in life along with one marriage. I am also an attractive woman too. I don’t get it!

Xeelvie
    Xeelvie
    Participant
    July 13, 2015 at 12:35 am #82676

Well, I guess everyone will tell you a different opinion based on how it went for them. Life is a matter of experiences and online dating can be fun and relaxing. I would suggest the following:

1. Take it easy, enjoy meeting people and listening to different perspectives.
    2. It can a nice way to practice and/or learn a foreign language.
    3. You can meet people from the comfort of your home without going anywhere.
    4. Meet people from every single corner of this world.

Pamelicious
    Pamelicious
    Participant
    July 14, 2015 at 4:36 am #82737

Nowadays online dating are just guys who wanna hook up. That meaningful lasting relationship is pretty rare.

forgivemenot8
    forgivemenot8
    Participant
    July 14, 2015 at 8:29 pm #82786

I’ve been in an online relationship before. He flew half way across the globe to be with me. This may sound like the perfect beginning of a romantic story, but it really wasn’t. I found out that he has bipolar and he lashed out at me on one of his “episodes”. Man, it was a nasty breakup.

Devona176
    Devona176
    Participant
    July 15, 2015 at 7:23 am #82806

Online dating can really make someone want to stop dating for good but if your willing to take the time and put in the effort to filter through there could be a diamond at the bottom of the gravel pit. I haven’t found him yet but I’m still hopeful.

Wolf
    Wolf
    Participant
    July 17, 2015 at 6:58 am #82967

Never Tried it but i think its hard

everything
    everything
    Participant
    July 20, 2015 at 8:23 am #82998

I gave up, thought I’d stop out here one last time and see if I can get the hopes up or find some new ideas.

1 2 3 4