How Successful Is Online Dating?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

How Successful Is Online Dating?

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    September 9, 2019 at 9:59 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    Adult Friend Finder Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

everything
    everything
    Participant
    July 20, 2015 at 8:23 am #83008

One in a million but it happens

Haha, so true.

theoddsock
    theoddsock
    Participant
    July 20, 2015 at 8:52 am #83054

I’ve been online dating for over ten years, and never had a reply.

actionspeaks
    actionspeaks
    Participant
    July 22, 2015 at 11:44 am #83131

It can definitely be a bumpy experience, have thick skin and an open mind! But I know quite a few people who have toughed it out and have found really great partners (and in some cases married them) too.

blondelady77
    blondelady77
    Participant
    July 22, 2015 at 4:24 pm #83148

I personally havent had much luck with online dating. Alot of the men are married, or they ask for naked pics straight off. Ive decided to stay away from the online dating and actually go more to try and meet people. There is something about meeting people online, in my experience that takes the humanity out of it. people disappear without a second glance…its a harsh world

Anonymous
    Anonymous
    July 28, 2015 at 5:23 pm #83394

I recommened tinder highly, especially if you are living in a city!

proxy83
    proxy83
    Participant
    July 30, 2015 at 11:57 am #83440

I met my ex-wife on online dating, so it can be successful. ๐Ÿ™‚

mandynadel
    mandynadel
    Participant
    July 31, 2015 at 12:41 pm #83457

Online dating is now so popular that it accounts for one in every five new relationships and one in six marriages.
    But with so many potential dates communicating online, there’s a knack to getting it right. And a new study shows that compiling the perfect profile is the key to finding love on the web i to met a person in online dating

Anonymous
    Anonymous
    August 18, 2015 at 5:43 am #84276

i recommended it to a relative and she got married from online dating.. i on the other hand.. no success.
    it depends where you look and what your expectations are. Its true most are just looking for hook ups. it’s about sifting through and finding someone like you that wants more.
    i do not recommend tinder! people that are looking for something real will not find it on tinder. I know people genuinely searching and have had poor experiences with tinder ๐Ÿ™‚
    you could try speed dating.. that way you meet the person for the first time face to face rather than a pic you’re not sure is real, or recent ๐Ÿ™‚

lilly129
    lilly129
    Participant
    August 18, 2015 at 7:54 pm #84361

I never tried online dating but I have a few friends that did. It’s worth trying it though. It’s a hit or miss situation as someone else mentioned.

traveler
    traveler
    Participant
    August 19, 2015 at 1:47 pm #84401

It can work, I’ve a couple friends and my aunt who not only met someone to date, but their spouse. However it really depends on your location and the scene. In one city I mostly got scumbags who lied about things on their profile and wanted me to pay (and I’m a woman, that’s not classy, guys). In another inexplicably I’d go out on dates with really nice but bland guys who were ready to start a family (I was very explicit on my profile that I’m not interested in that at the time, or ever). Then they’d argue with me, ON THE FIRST DATE, about why I should want kids and how I don’t know my mind or that it will definitely change. At age 35 now. And adoption is a horrible option.

I like all these random things and want a guy who is equally curious about the world, so I didn’t find what I was looking for there. The one advantage though is that people on dating sites are at least there to date (or hook up); there’s not any mystery of “Does he only want to be friends” I have IRL.

bjasonh
    bjasonh
    Participant
    August 25, 2015 at 2:52 am #84700

I think a big part of it is what you’re putting out there. You could be expecting a lot , but internally/inside not ready or afraid or too desperate and things might not go well. If you are in a good place in your life and inside of yourself people will feel that and pick up on it too and things are likely to go better for you. Try and get into a good place internally and in your life aside from dating and relating, and then when you’re not hoping for someone to make you happy you’ll be more likely to have a good experience.

ted54321
    ted54321
    Participant
    August 25, 2015 at 6:09 pm #84766

In an age with so many options, it can make it even harder to find someone even with such advanced technology. Now that we have the ability to be “matched” with hundreds of singles every week, it can make is overwhelming to have so many choices. I personally have found it hard to meet someone that I connect with. In my experience, I have been on dates with guys that are too eager and often desperate to be exclusive. And I have been on dates with the complete opposite, guys that want to just have a fwb or whatnot. The vast online population makes it so easy to lose interest in someone you meet in person because you are always searching for the next best thing. I think you just have to be clear about what you generally are looking for – fwb, relationship, etc. It makes it less confusing in the long run and saves time and heartbreak. I do not know all the answers, but I do know that there is someone out there for everyone, you just have to have the balls to try and find it.

Tim2601
    Tim2601
    Participant
    August 26, 2015 at 9:02 am #84784

I am on two online dating sites, one of which I rarely use. I find that online dating is difficult, mainly because I cannot use affective emotions whilst I send e-mails to potential ladies for dates, most of whom do not reply to my e-mails. This is rather rude, I think. I always reply because I am polite, even if sometimes the lady isnโ€™t whom I am looking for, but then I donโ€™t judge a book by its cover! There are places where we can all meet, but it does feel like there is competition at the bar rather than just purely finding a mate!
    Meeting someone who was a friend at first, I find that my present date is lovely and worth pursuing! Not what I expected but something that I cherish.

TheFrapRap
    TheFrapRap
    Participant
    August 26, 2015 at 10:34 pm #84849

If it’s permanent nline I’d just move on

1 3 4