How to avoid the friend zone after initial encounter

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    April 4, 2019 at 5:26 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

avoidingafriendzone
    avoidingafriendzone
    Participant
    January 30, 2019 at 1:11 am #193740

Hi there 👋🏻

I am in graduate school and just met someone in my program who is a year below me at church this past Sunday. I have found this individual very attractive and he is from my home state. We all went to church in a group and after, he came up to me saying he didn’t think we’d met and introduced himself. We proceeded to go to breakfast as a group where we ended up sitting next to each other and he asked me many questions such as, where are you from? We established we are from the same state and have a mutual aquaintance. He asked me what brought me to choose to attend school so far away and I asked him as well. He told me he moved down for his ex girlfriend, actually. I responded playfully with “ohh, yikes!” And we laughed. I mentioned that I was previously in a Bible study and he responded with “oh I like that!” And said he wanted to start one and if we would be interested.

I am hoping to avoid being placed in the friend zone here. Any advice going forward?

GJ
    GJ
    Participant
    February 2, 2019 at 7:45 am #194009

Hello avoidingafriendzone

I read your post and have a few questions to help me understand things better so I can provide you with feedback that would have the impact you are looking for.
    1. What is your relationship history.
    2. What specifically are you attracted to in this man?
    3. What does I moved down for my ex-girlfriend mean?
    4. When you said “ohh yike,” what were your feelings and thoughts?

I look forward to your replies and providing you with my feed back

GJ