How to deal with lack of male attention?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2018 at 1:04 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

sonietzo
    sonietzo
    Participant
    March 13, 2018 at 8:02 pm #167346

I am 22 and I have never dated a guy before mainly because men never show interest in me or ask me out. I have never tried online dating though. I keep thinking, when will it be my time to find someone and I keep hoping. In college, I joined some organizations and went to some events and still no guy ever seem interested in me there. Never had a hookup with a guy in college. I rarely even see men looking at me. Sometimes I wonder if men don’t take much interest in me because I look so young. I am 5’4 and 120 lbs and people have told me that I look very young and have a youthful looking face. People have asked me why I look like I am 12. People always ask about my age all the time. The oldest age someone told me I look was 18. I don’t go to bars or clubs and I have never been the type of girl to get hit on/flirted with or approached by men anywhere and I have never had a guy ask for my number before both with and without engaging in some sort of conversation.

sonietzo
    sonietzo
    Participant
    March 13, 2018 at 8:03 pm #167347

The very few times I have been hit on were older uber/taxi drivers or older men on the street to tell me I am beautiful but that is practically it.

All of this lack of interest from men has made me feel like I won’t find anyone since I am used to the lack of male attention. I feel too shy and scared to make a move myself on a guy because of this and it makes me believe that even though I don’t think I am ugly, that maybe I am not attractive after all and getting rejected would make me feel even worse than I do now. I keep telling myself that I am only 22 and maybe if I wait and play the waiting game, I will find a guy who will finally notice me and take an interested in me. But I get scared that I will be 30 and still in the same position. Love just seems so complicated and hard to me. I don’t know…….I just need advice.

Madshan
    Madshan
    Participant
    March 14, 2018 at 2:47 pm #167379

You Basically need to respond more and be flirty when doing it. Go out with your friends and meet guy friends and probably some of them has a crush on you.

moizzy16
    moizzy16
    Participant
    March 15, 2018 at 2:28 am #167411

I am 26 and honestly have never been one to receive male attention until recently. I think it has a lot to do with my approach towards men, mostly because I am a very shy person and don’t really put myself out there. If you want to meet men in a romantic way I would suggest online dating as an alternative. I feel like it’s helped me to be more comfortable around men where I was initially shy. One of the greatest differences that I have noticed is that men pay attention to body language. When I go to public places or special events, I have tried to smile more and be more flirty in my interactions with males.