How to figure out if she's interested in me

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    November 11, 2019 at 1:14 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    Adult Friend Finder Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

DieCastRN
    DieCastRN
    Participant
    October 17, 2019 at 10:52 pm #223660

Sorry if this seems choppy and weird, I’ve never actually sought advice online before.

So, this girl (29 F) and I (42 M) both started working at our job (nurses) about 7 months ago and I’m trying to figure out if she has a crush on me. Before anyone says anything about coworkers dating, there are several couples at our job who met on the job, so our employer doesn’t have a problem with it. I don’t know if it matters but she’s from India and I’m white as white can be.

From the moment we started working, I’d notice her looking at me when she thought I wasn’t looking and whenever she’d catch me seeing her, she smiles. She still does this, as soon as I walk in, I get a big smile, and sometimes she does this little coy smile and looks me up and down. Over the course of the past few months, we’ve become close, not super close but closer than we’ve gotten to other coworkers. We talk about a lot of stuff and she’s always actively seeking me out whenever her assignment is slow. I haven’t no

Anonymous
    Anonymous
    October 18, 2019 at 11:10 am #223678

If She glances your way, laughs at your jokes, and acts nervously around you. You’re not sure if she’s flirting, being friendly, or is simply uninterested. Whether you’ve had a crush on a girl for ages and are dying to know if the feeling is mutual or you just want to know if she likes you for curiosity’s sake, there are a few nearly foolproof ways to tell whether a girl likes you or not.

purplerain
    purplerain
    Participant
    October 19, 2019 at 11:59 pm #223739

She might have a crush on you. Have you talked about boyfriends/girlfriends/whether you’re both single?

sunflowerss
    sunflowerss
    Participant
    October 23, 2019 at 8:31 am #223855

it may be possible she likes you. maybe you should just talk to her respectively about it?

ghost86
    ghost86
    Participant
    October 28, 2019 at 4:16 am #224062

Go for it

Quinncy79
    Quinncy79
    Participant
    October 28, 2019 at 6:34 am #224071

I’ve struggled alot with this issue aswell, in the end everything is speculation.
    The only way to find out is asking her out.

Even if it’s negative, knowing is always better and healthier than being in the dark..

elbercito
    elbercito
    Participant
    October 28, 2019 at 7:10 am #224072

The advice is to ask her out, you don’t want to get friend zoned, and if it does not work, at least you tried and you will know, it’s worse when the uncertainty is killing you, if it does not work, just move on. If you don’t act she might be wondering why you don’t say anything, I am sure she already felt that you like her, so give it a shot before she gets tired of waiting. The way she texts you is also a good indicator if she likes you or not. I found an interesting guide on Amazon called “how to text your crush”, you might want to give it a quick read, I implemented some of these tips, and I am fascinated with the results, before I was doing everything wrong, like texting her everytime.

Kalin B.
    Kalin B.
    Participant
    October 29, 2019 at 8:38 am #224190

Chippin’ in my two cents here 😀 The fastest way to progress the interaction and get involved with the girl is for you to take it there. Here is what I mean by this. Basically EVERY male to female interaction (where there is interest) goes through three stages. “Introduction stage, rapport stage, intimate stage”. If at any stage there is something unacceptable for either the male or the female, than the interaction will be stopped at the previous stage or stopped all-together. According to what you are saying you two are now in the rapport stage, where you trust each-other enough to share more personal stories and you enjoy each-others company. Now it’s your job as a man to INVITE her to take things further. Notice I say invite and not force, this means that whatever you do, she might not be down for it, or she might be thrilled that you did it(most women are :D). Either way you have to be okay with it. So invite her out, say “Hey “Suzan”, I think I will shoot pool on Thursday, join me

Kalin B.
    Kalin B.
    Participant
    October 29, 2019 at 8:45 am #224191
    Reply To: How to figure out if she's interested in me

Now as I said, you need to do this from a place free from all expectations. She might be down, she might REALLY be busy or she might not want to come at all. Point is, you are doing your role as a man and saying “This is what I want to see happen, and you are free to choose if you are in it or not.” This is the only way you will see if she is really interested or not. And the same advice goes for the interaction that will happen if you do go out. You give an INVITING but ASSERTIVE touch to make things more intimate, and she is free to take it or not. Just make sure you are keeping it playful and having fun, because after all romance is a dance you dance for fun 😀

Salute brother,
    Kalin