How to get the love of my life back

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    August 8, 2018 at 1:57 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

forzadaniela9
    forzadaniela9
    Participant
    March 24, 2018 at 5:30 pm #168330

My ex and I had a beautiful relationship. Each moment was wonderful and all our friends/family saw how happy we were together. We even fought well together which is huge. We seemed to overcome every obstacle together so easily and naturally. I feel it in my heart he is my other half. And he once felt the same too. Last week he blindsided me and broke up with me. I did not see it coming. He didn’t cheat, I believe him completely. He’s a good man. He said he lost interest in me over time and doesn’t want to be in a relationship. I’m devastated. I’ve never had heartbreak like this before.
    Here’s what’s odd. Since we broke up, he still checks in on me. Texts/calls me to see how I am. Today we even had lunch and we wants to have dinner next week. He is still sure that he doesn’t want to be wkth me so I just cry all day and try to keep the tears back each time we talk on the phone. This is torture. I know I have to cut him off but I love him so much.

How do I get him back?

mark888
    mark888
    Participant
    March 26, 2018 at 11:14 pm #168557

until u cut him off… you cannot move on.

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    April 6, 2018 at 9:40 am #169737

“I feel it in my heart he is my other half. And he once felt the same too. Last week he blindsided me and broke up with me. I did not see it coming.
    He said he lost interest in me over time and doesn’t want to be in a relationship.”

There are 3 reasons why couples breakup

1. They chose the wrong mate. (They’re too incompatible)
    2. A “deal breaker” was committed in the eyes of another.
    3. They fell out of love/stopped wanting the same things.

In order for him to be “the one” he would have to see (you) as being “the one”.
    At the very least a “soulmate” is someone who actually wants to be with you!

Never accept “friendship” as a “consolation prize” after a breakup because it gives you false hope for a reconciliation.
    The person doing the dumping doesn’t want to feel like the “bad guy” so he offers to be your friend.
    Your (ex) is the last person who can help you get over a breakup! Accept it’s over.

In a world with over 7 Billion people rejection just means: NEXT!

UserF
    UserF
    Participant
    April 10, 2018 at 8:40 am #169874

The way to move on is also the way to maybe get him back : stop talking to him.
    Tell him that you understand that this is over so you are going to focus on yourself now and just stop giving him any contact.
    Focus on a personal project that you wanted to do that does not involve him.
    If he still has feelings, he will try to get back.

Komposta
    Komposta
    Participant
    April 10, 2018 at 6:03 pm #170124

Maybe it’s time to move on

hopelessinlove
    hopelessinlove
    Participant
    April 11, 2018 at 4:25 pm #170242

If it really is the love of your life it would not have ended or you will find your back to each other naturally. I broke up with my ex because I lost interest too yet we had an amazing relationship and we’re still very good friends now, never meant I regretted my decision and we have both realized by now that we’re better off as friends for many reasons we didn’t acknowledge back then. You should move on. Don’t chase after a guy who’s not into you it will never pay off.

ascofield
    ascofield
    Participant
    April 11, 2018 at 8:49 pm #170283

You have to cut him off so you can heal and move on. He’s just keeping you around to make the break up easy for him and make sure you’re still into him to boost his ego.

Ell0124
    Ell0124
    Participant
    April 14, 2018 at 5:58 pm #170568

You have to let him go and move on, if its meant to be you’ll get back together, Unfortunately nothing you can do will bring him back, he has to decide that on his own.

Jane201522
    Jane201522
    Participant
    April 14, 2018 at 9:26 pm #170571
    Reply To: How to get the love of my life back

I know it’s hard but try to move on
    You can do it