Hayley MatthewsDatingAdvice.comApril 4, 2019 at 4:59 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT
Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:
Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access
What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!November 11, 2018 at 2:45 pm #189187
Recently I’ve been trying to go out with a girl and I want to make sure I know what I am doing well before I may need to do it. I have seen a lot of things about first kisses and every one of them has been different. What I want is a detailed explanation on how you think a first kiss should be done, including possible variations based on preference.
For some specifics, I would like to know:
1. What should the setting be? Where and when would it be good to go for a first kiss? Where wouldn’t it be good?
2. How should the kiss go? I have seen some things say a long ~10 second kiss with stacked lips, I have seen some say no longer than 5 seconds, I have seen some say just start with a peck on the lips and continue from there if it feels right, I have seen some say no tongue at all, some say some tongue but not too much, some say tongue only at the end, and some say end the kiss with another peck on the lips.
—CONTINUED IN NEXT COMMENT—November 11, 2018 at 2:51 pm #189188
I have seen some say to go for nothing but a peck on the lips and end it there, and I have seen some say say start with a bit of a peck and then match what she does.
3. What do you do with your hands? I have seen some things say to hold her forearm, some things say to hold her upper arms, some things say to hold her waist, some things say to hold her hair out of her face on her neck with one hand, and some things say to hold her neck with both hands. To me the holding the forearm and holding her neck with both hands seem the most appealing as holding the forearm gives them space but is also somewhat intimate, and holding her neck is much more intimate and allows you to somewhat control the kiss.
4. What do you do after? Most things I have seen say to just smile at her after but that seems like it could be awkward anyway. Some things have said to say something about it or compliment her. To me, complimenting her after would seem like a good way to follow it up.
Linda2018ParticipantNovember 11, 2018 at 8:46 pm #189198
I got my first kiss at 12 years old. It was so great!November 13, 2018 at 8:27 am #189200
That really doesn’t help at all, but I guess if your mind is empty enough to make meaningless posts to meet your 2 post requirement, go for it.November 13, 2018 at 8:28 am #189202
Weird flex but ok.
But in all seriousness… that is not helpful at all, but if your mind is so empty that you can’t make a meaningful post to fulfill your 2 post requirement, then alright.
starcrossedthrowParticipantNovember 18, 2018 at 7:10 pm #189626
Pretty much just do it and don’t be afraid to be corny. In my old age  I have been really direct. I just sort of sit beside them and start to make eye contact and then say “well…” and put my hand on their cheek. Body language tells all because as soon as you lock eyes it will be in both of your minds and if they lean in when you touch them it’s all good. No tongue or anything at first, soft, long, intimate and dry smooches are best!! Have fun 🙂
It will feel way more natural in reality than in your mind fear not.
- This reply was modified 5 months ago by starcrossedthrow.
CatsCuriousParticipantNovember 19, 2018 at 6:30 am #189647
Kiss her gently, and wait for a response. If she pulls back, end it there. If she doesn’t pull away or starts to kiss you back, try keeping it going! Hands around the waist is usually safest. Don’t grab her head or neck or anything that makes her feel like she can’t control the kiss or pull away if she wants to.
Happy kissing! 🙂
Top 10 Best Sites
Looking for a dating site you can trust? Search no more.