How to initiate contact on blind date?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2018 at 9:45 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Max3732
    Max3732
    Participant
    April 2, 2018 at 2:55 pm #169360

A friend of mine gave me a woman’s name and number and suggested I call and invite her for a drink. When it comes to setting up something with someone I never met would it be OK to text her instead of calling? I’m afraid I’ll be extremely awkward on the phone trying to figure out a place and time. I also don’t drink, so what else could I suggest to get to know someone I know nothing about?

PRW
    PRW
    Participant
    April 2, 2018 at 3:17 pm #169362

I usually text even when I know them well. No one ever answers a phone any more. You also never know when you are going to call them at an awkward moment. Imagine her at her parents to have dinner with them and she gets a call from an awkward sounding guy she has never met asking her for a date,…and wondering how you got her number.

Your friend should have handled the introduction and maybe arranged for the two of you to meet in a group setting the first time. Then she could have given you her number herself,…therefore she would be expecting a call.