How to know if you're in the right relationship

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2018 at 8:53 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

jackkilt
    jackkilt
    Participant
    December 27, 2017 at 9:09 pm #161064

I am in a relationship of just over 12 months, i am 20 and with a girl who is 19. She cares about me lots and we have a good relationship and great sex. However i have a few things about our relationship that gives me doubts…

– She can be quite controlling and has a really tight ‘lead on me’.
    – I often will get a lot of grief from her about me not texting her back quickly.
    – She just feels too insecure no matter how much i reassure her.

I think all of this is because she has issue’s from previously relationships that she’s told me about. And I always help her anyway i can, am i a bad boyfriend that im getting a bit fed up of it?
    Especially considering i am held to a different standard she is, as im not allowed friends that are girls but she has loads of guys she works with and has to chat to because of ‘work’.

carpenter.j1990
    carpenter.j1990
    Participant
    December 28, 2017 at 1:04 pm #161072

listen to your heart but follow your mind

Craig.park2@gmail.com
    [email protected]
    Participant
    January 3, 2018 at 9:27 pm #161463

Feels like she’s projecting a lot of insecurities on you. It can work out but it’s going to take a lot of effort. If I were you, I’d determine whether the headache of jumping through her hoops is worth it. Most of the time it’s probably a no but occasionally there will be a person that you will decide is worth it.

I suggest to grind through until you decide to tap out.

JACK-1989
    JACK-1989
    Participant
    January 4, 2018 at 6:00 am #161472

My day begin with women.. Yes, its relationship..

Djsouthboi79
    Djsouthboi79
    Participant
    January 5, 2018 at 8:54 am #161655

If it stresses you out then, for sure, you are not in the right relationship!

Brad556
    Brad556
    Participant
    January 7, 2018 at 8:18 pm #161779

Insecurity is the death knell of a good relationship – work on it with her to assure her there are no reasons for her to feel insecure – or – better yet – she needs to go see a counselor to work through it. Possessive , jealous and insecure people will suck the life blood out of you.

wsonck2017
    wsonck2017
    Participant
    January 12, 2018 at 8:25 am #162296

Ask yourself this: could I live with this “flaws”for the rest of my life? You’ll have to feel whether you go through with her or not.