How to make conversations more interesting and flirty

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    June 6, 2019 at 3:58 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

tstudent
    tstudent
    Participant
    May 25, 2019 at 6:56 am #201055

Hello! I have this problem especially with written messages, but also in person. The thing is, I’m a very logical person, pretty much the opposite of creative and spontaneous. All my conversations with girls are boring, and it seems impossible to spark attraction. An example:

Me: What do you do for fun?
    Her: I go to the gym and read. ( Ok, I like girls who do sport, but gym is a terrible conversation topic. So continue about books.)
    Me: What kind of books do you like to read?
    Her: Many kinds, but I prefer historical drama and relationship stories. Do you like to read?
    Me: I haven’t read a lot after high school, but I like fantasy. What is the best book you’ve read lately.

And so on. Super boring, no flirting at all. Almost like an interview. Any tips on how I could make my conversations more interesting, especially when she doesn’t give a lot of material to work on? Things are a bit easier if the girls also shows some interest, but one line answers are really common on dating apps.

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    May 25, 2019 at 3:28 pm #201058

One of the problems is your questions seem to have no real motivation to them.
    If you had some idea of where you wanted to take her out then you would have an intention.

What kind of music do you like? (blah blah blah)
    Great, There’s this place I know of where this band is playing this weekend.
    Would you be interested in checking it out?

In other words the goal to asking her questions is to find an opportunity to turn it into a potential date.
    If you not a date then whatever it is you learn use it to your advantage. Send her highly reviewed historical drama book.

Asking her questions about favorite types of movies, music, food/restaurants, comedians, parks, beaches and so on.
    These all have the potential of scheduling an in person date.
    Playful questions like; “What’s the funniest thing you ever saw?” or “Where would you like to go to visit if you could?”
    Some answers allow you to ask follow questions such as (Why). Using a playful flirtatious tone also helps.

Lastly if someone is interested in you they should be Asking YOU questions too! If not move on!