How to not seem needy

DATING ADVICE FORUM

How to not seem needy

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    August 8, 2018 at 10:47 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

whatevss
    whatevss
    Participant
    February 6, 2018 at 5:18 pm #164763
    How to not seem needy

hi,
    So, last week i met this girl who just checks all the right boxes and more, and i’ve never felt like this around anyone. we met during a conference and went out for drinks with mutual friends later, but we stayed glued to each others the whole time and had a great evening. Everything went well and she asked for my info and we exchanged names etc. I sent a message yesterday, but no response even though she’s been online several times but hasn’t read my message. I know it may seem a little stupid, but i’ve never felt this way towards someone in such a short amount of time and i’ve never felt the will to seriously consider dating someone until last week when we met. I don’t know if she’s straight or not, i tried making my intentions clear, and even insisted on inviting her and paying for her drink. I’m kinda stuck on what to do now with no response on her part, i don’t want to seem clingy but i don’t want to give up on it yet (and that has never happened to me before).
    What do u think

chachasi
    chachasi
    Participant
    May 2, 2018 at 11:49 am #172042

There’s not much you can do on your part without seeming needy. If she’s interested, she will message back.

Lifestory101
    Lifestory101
    Participant
    May 2, 2018 at 1:16 pm #172044

I have had this same situation before. I went on a date that I thought went great, then the next day or two later she didn’t reply to me and completely ghosted me. Not cool. It just means that she must have changed her mind on you. I’d try one more message maybe in another day or teo with something like “hey last time was fun. How about dinner again this weekend?” If no reply, let it go.

Jasmine
    Jasmine
    Participant
    May 2, 2018 at 5:17 pm #172068

Can I give you a piece of advice. Dont try with her anymore .. Yes you seem needy when you keep trying and she keeps ignoring you, women sometimes are very good at pretending that the date is going well but they already know that they wont see you again .. No offence, but she didn’t like you as much ad you liked her. Trying to send more texts and give more offers than you did already will just distance her even more .. Next time this happens to you you should just play it cool .. Women like men that are into them, but they dont like men that are all over them the first time they meet them ( seems desperate)

Now what to do is,

Delete her number ( so that you stop obsessing about her, and even if you are tempted to text you can’t)
    Move on to meet other girls

She will eventually text you back when she feels that you are not interested anymore .. ( simple girls tactics )

You can thank me ( or insult me ) later

Take care

May 3, 2018 at 2:51 am #172070

You say this, forget any Macho nonsense advice you may recieve, be open and honest, im 46 and an have many war wounds but just say this…. I really like you, i felt an instant connection with, I am sat here wondering if you feel the same?

She will reply, and take it from there.

drock11
    drock11
    Participant
    May 3, 2018 at 7:13 pm #172148

If you can see she hasn’t read the message, wait a week and say that you weren’t sure if you got the last message. But really at this point anything you do is going to look needy. Be patient and move on, there are a billion women out there. Don’t let a chance encounter prevent you from finding a woman that really likes you.

Arne
    Arne
    Participant
    May 4, 2018 at 11:12 am #172180

I agree with Chachasi.

danidom
    danidom
    Participant
    May 5, 2018 at 10:46 pm #172303
    Reply To: How to not seem needy

Thank you for the advice

gmarie
    gmarie
    Participant
    May 7, 2018 at 9:48 pm #172475

wait a couple of days before double texting, and then asking if you had done something wrong. i’m sure you didn’t, but its a conversation starter to at least get the truth out there.

mr.man123
    mr.man123
    Participant
    May 8, 2018 at 1:37 am #172484

Messages are really unreliable, Id think of soemthing clever to write her without sounding needy like

“Hey I had an amazing time, want to go out this (day of week)”

clueless_4ever
    clueless_4ever
    Participant
    May 8, 2018 at 2:42 am #172486

Honestly, if someone wants to talk to you they will make every effort to message you. I would say make one more effort and see where that goes. If she responds, there you go. If she still doesn’t respond, move on.

mikemera1983
    mikemera1983
    Participant
    July 28, 2018 at 8:53 am #180425

If you’ve only sent one message, maybe a follow up with a funny story or a meme that you know she’ll enjoy might pique her interest. Otherwise, if you’ve sent several messages. Just let go. If it’s meant to be, it’ll be.

Perksnmp
    Perksnmp
    Participant
    July 29, 2018 at 5:07 pm #180445

Just let it ride. You can send another message in a few weeks just letting her know you’d like to see her again but don’t mention that she hasn’t responded to your previous message. Before social media and texting we probably did better not knowing when someone chose not to respond to us (but had read our message). It’s not personal if she doesn’t respond. Who knows what is going on in her life? Work, family, an ex…don’t let it set you back 🙂

j1985
    j1985
    Participant
    July 29, 2018 at 8:16 pm #180446

I agree a few of the posts above. Maybe she got busy over the week or days since, It is best not to get in your own head about it. Maybe try another prompt to meet up again, if she doesn’t respond it is best to move on.

vigguuu
    vigguuu
    Participant
    July 30, 2018 at 4:50 pm #180515

If she was interested in you she would have answered you back – don’t waste your time on that 🙂 You will find another great girl.

1 2