How to rebound from bad first impression with girl?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    August 8, 2018 at 9:44 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Jamojames
    Jamojames
    Participant
    December 11, 2017 at 5:59 pm #159760

How to rebound from bad first impression with girl? This girl, I dated her sister in High school. So like 20 years ago. She moved to the same city I live 6 months ago. We are friends but I dig her. Deep down I think she kinda does or did. First night out with my local friend, I got wasted and wasn’t bad, but drunk and she wasn’t since gone out the night before, so I’m sure I was annoying. We talked since and she said I was fine it wasn’t that bad after I said sorry a lot. I’m sure she didn’t have the best time even though she says she did. She hasn’t been short she’s talked and communicated good but maybe was a little annoyed still.

Is a week too short to ask her out for a do-over? And do I even have a shot at this or it’s probably dead? Or am I reading it all wrong and she has 0 interest?

Genegilor
    Genegilor
    Participant
    December 12, 2017 at 3:24 am #159778

You should be more patient.

rockinit85
    rockinit85
    Participant
    December 12, 2017 at 3:15 pm #159857

Bro i think you are way overthinking this. If she wasn’t interested don’t you think she wouldn’t reply to your messages? Or at least be short with you. If she says she had a good time and that you didn’t do anything, your FINE. Also it may be annoying to girls when a guy continuously says sorry about one thing, I would avoid that. Don’t dwell on that one night because in reality from the way it sounds it really wasn’t that big of a deal. I’ve had the same issues. Ask her out again, just ask her if she wants to meet for lunch to catch up after a week.

Matthew1331
    Matthew1331
    Participant
    December 12, 2017 at 5:51 pm #159900

Don’t mention it again, maybe control your drink next time and ask her out for lunch. Do girls have a sis code?

Sweettart3
    Sweettart3
    Participant
    December 17, 2017 at 10:47 pm #160295

I am in the same kind of situation besides the fact that I never dated his brother and we just recently met. This guy keeps talking to me and I often wait until he contacts me just because I figure if he’s interested than he will do so however, conversation is short. At least your conversation is good. Thats a good sign. If I’m not into a guy, I’m not interested in good conversation, we can just small talk lol. Be patient

tipswithtim
    tipswithtim
    Participant
    December 18, 2017 at 12:11 pm #160341

I agree what rockinit85 said