How to start conversation with a girl in the gym.

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    July 7, 2019 at 8:34 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

totallynotjohn
    totallynotjohn
    Participant
    April 18, 2019 at 4:17 pm #198793

I have so little characters to explain, i’ll try to keep it short

I’m a 24 year old shy guy who wants to evolve and step out of my comfortzone
    This smoking hot girl ( in my opinion ) in the gym worksout frenquently at the same time i do. $
    I look at her, she looks at me, she takes stuff close to me for no particular reason like some kettle-balls she wont use or some 10 lbs which there are plenty of closer to her. I caught her making glances at me, in the mirrors or directly at me. At least thats what i think. Now she has ear buds in, i do have ear buds in, now last 2 workouts i didn’t use them. So i made myself more ‘talkable’ ofcourse she doesn’t have to take the first move but hey, it couldn’t hurt. Now i wanna start saying hi or how do i approach her propperly, what do i say or ask without being a creep or scaring her off. Didn’t had much confidence in my early years due i was fat. i made a lifestyle change i look slightly above average, but the inner me is still that shy fatboy

ThePerfectName
    ThePerfectName
    Participant
    April 19, 2019 at 9:21 am #198833

When ever I asked girls out at the gym. I would go up to them when they are done with their set so you aren’t bothering them while they are in the middle of lifting. Once I approach, I let them know that this is a little out of the ordinary and then tell them you want to get to know them. I say something like this “Hey, I know this is a little nutter butters (this is just me being my weird self), but you are absolutely gorgeous and I would love to get to know you.” I tell them I want to get to know them so they know I’m not just trying to have sex with them. And being upfront about your intentions make this a lot less awkward at the gym. Instead of hanging around talking about lifting leaving her wondering what the hell you are doing, you are honest with her. Yes, you will get rejected by doing this, but it’s really not that bad and people are nice about it that you gave them a compliment. There is a chance that she will want to go out with you after.

totallynotjohn
    totallynotjohn
    Participant
    April 19, 2019 at 6:06 pm #198941

That is actually some awesome advice, im gonna try it myself and try to overcome my shyness i feel it is ready to get out of my comfortzone and just try it. What do i have to lose on the other hand, nothing ! As soon i see her ill give it a try and who knows what will happen.. ill keep you updated ! Great tip with being upfront and making my intentions clear instead of some random chitchat that leads to nothing. Just asking her out for a drink perhaps or something simular.

DDMS
    DDMS
    Participant
    April 19, 2019 at 6:24 pm #198942

That’s a tough one. I always let the girl approach me. We are there to workout. Friends have mentioned they don’t really want guys to ask them out. They want to get a workout done. Me, I just wave at my friends when I see them at the gym. I let the socializing happen outside or text. That’s just me tho.

ThePerfectName
    ThePerfectName
    Participant
    April 20, 2019 at 10:15 am #198946

Yeah, it is true that people are there just to get their work out done. That’s why being up front about your intentions is important so if they aren’t interested you just go back to working out. It’s fast (interactions is less than 2 minutes usually) and the girl gets a genuine compliment out of it. Most importantly you don’t have regrets not asking her out.

Mach10
    Mach10
    Participant
    April 22, 2019 at 10:30 am #198975

>You come up with a cheesy pick up line like : ”I got stopped at the airport last week for trying to bring these guns onto an airplane”.
    >Pray she laughs.
    >Reap the benefits

aray808311
    aray808311
    Participant
    June 17, 2019 at 8:19 am #202171

always curious if the gym was a good place to approach girls
    seems like it could have issues like workplace where you have to see them again but probably doesnt matter