How to start conversation with her

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    August 8, 2019 at 9:35 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    Adult Friend Finder Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Steve94
    Steve94
    Participant
    May 31, 2019 at 5:05 pm #201481

Hello everyone! I like a girl for over 2 weeks.. She is 28 years old and I’m 25. She’s working at a cafe. The only contact we have, is eye contact. Unfortunately, we don’t have common friends, so I decided to talk to her via facebook. However, I’m afraid to text her. Some people say, what if she rejects you, just make your move, but I disagree. If I can do something to impress her, to get her attention, why shouldn’t I do it? She seems earnest and I want to make the best impression I can. But I don’t know what should I tell her, to make her want to talk to me and how to start conversation with her via messages… Plz help me…

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    June 2, 2019 at 1:57 pm #201530

“The only contact we have, is eye contact..”
    “we don’t have common friends..”
    “I don’t know what should I tell her, to make her want to talk to me…”

Dude, you’re both almost 30 years old!
    You’re acting like a 15 or 16 year old talking through Facebook.
    You are a GROWN Man!

Your friends are right about you having nothing to lose!
    For all you know she may have a boyfriend/mate.
    Trust me; there are NO MAGIC words or approach which will make EVERY girl you meet want to date YOU!

Walk up to her introduce yourself and ask her name.
    Tell her you’re taking a survey and were curious as to what she likes to do for fun. (Smile)
    And then say; “Seriously, I know you’re busy with work right now.”
    “Is it alright if I give you a call and maybe we can have lunch or go out for a drink sometime?” (wait..)
    If she’s attracted to you she’ll give you her number and if she’s got a boyfriend or isn’t (into you) she will pass.

In a world with over 7 Billion people rejection just means: NEXT!

Steve94
    Steve94
    Participant
    June 3, 2019 at 3:01 pm #201599

dashingscorpio I asked for something clever to start conversation via facebook. If it was possible I would prefer to talk to her directly but most of the times she works behind the till. Ok, I’m not so brave to talk to her with so many people around us, plus I don’t want to make her feel uncomfortable. I’m not telling that you are wrong, but you are out of the question.

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    June 3, 2019 at 3:41 pm #201600

Steve,

“I asked for something clever to start conversation via facebook.”
    “Old school is the BEST school.”

You said: “The only contact we have, is eye contact.”
    Establishing eye contact followed by a short conversation is normal.

Some women may find it creepy to have someone look them up on social media to approach them.
    It also puts you in the position of trying to get her to remember who you are.

As I told you there are no “magic words” or “clever” things which will (guarantee) she’ll go out with you.
    If she says yes it could be the start of something wonderful and if she says no you leave with what you had.
    Your friends were correct when they told you that you have NOTHING TO LOSE!

No one is asking you to decide on whether to cut the red wire or the blue wire!
    Relax! It’s just one human being communicating with another human being. You are her equal.
    Fear of rejection is paralyzing. If she says (no) there are Billions of other women on the planet!