How to stop a cycle of ignoring

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    August 8, 2018 at 5:00 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

anonymous
    anonymous
    Participant
    February 22, 2018 at 9:55 pm #166249

I’ve liked this guy for the past 3 years. We met at an activity outside of school. When we started going to the same school, we didn’t really talk at school, but I guess we kind of teased each other and had nice conversations and stuff at the activity outside of school. Then one day, the activity stopped, but for some reason we were too shy to say anything to each other at school. So for the past 2 years, we’ve been ignoring each other many times. Sometimes I’ll wave to him in the hallway and he’ll wave back and vice versa, but none of us talk to each other or initiate conversation. Sometimes when I don’t notice him, he’ll call out my name and wave at me. But one time, we had assigned seats in class and I was assigned to sit next to him for or two weeks. And for the entire time neither of us spoke or even acknowledged the other’s existence. But after those two weeks, we kept waving to each other in the hallways like nothing happened.

anonymous
    anonymous
    Participant
    February 22, 2018 at 9:55 pm #166250

Sometimes we make eye contact for ten whole seconds before one of us look away. But I miss talking to him and spending time with him. Is there any way I can just start talking to him again without making it seem too awkward or forced? I’m really really shy and I think we both have some social anxiety. But I would really like to get past that and enjoy being with him like we did before.