How to tell her I have a girlfriend

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    April 4, 2020 at 12:49 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    Adult Friend Finder Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Owhisp
    Owhisp
    Participant
    December 17, 2019 at 3:40 am #226656

So I recently started messaging a girl on instagram after months of spamming each other’s instagrams with likes and we instantly connected she makes me laugh we both have same interests we have really long deep conversations together, Heres the problem tho I’m currently in a relationship and have been with my girlfriend for a year how do I tell my instagram friend I’m in a relationship. Me and my instagram friend are friends on Facebook and I have pictures with my current girlfriend does she know already?

herkamer63
    herkamer63
    Participant
    December 17, 2019 at 3:05 pm #226678

I would not take it any further with this girl on Instagram because, for starters, it sounds like you haven’t met this girl before in person. To me, it’s important to always meet them in person before going any further with a relationship. I’m not denying she isn’t who she claims, but better safe than sorry. Also, if you have a girlfriend and your relationship is good, I’d let this girl on Instagram know that you’re in a relationship already. Just say you and your girlfriend did something the other day (make sure you actually did, don’t lie to this girl) and she’ll get the picture. If she doesn’t, then step away from her.The only time I would start anything with a girl like what you’re describing is when you and your current girl break up. Keep your options open, though, because if there is no engagement ring on your girl’s finger, you are free to see what’s out there in case if you do go through a break up. For now, stay friends, and try not to over think it. Hope this helps!

Owhisp
    Owhisp
    Participant
    December 24, 2019 at 8:56 am #226968

I went to school though we’ve known each other since middle school just strange we dont talk at all on Facebook just a couple likes back and fourth

frankt
    frankt
    Participant
    December 25, 2019 at 12:16 am #226981

” I recently started messaging a girl on instagram”
    If you already have a GF, what prompted you to start up a conversation with another girl ?

“we have really long deep conversations together”
    Is this not happening with your current GF ?

“does she know already? ”
    Its possible. Looks like you are concerned about her finding out.

It looks like you are drifting away from your current GF, and have wondering eyes ?

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    December 26, 2019 at 11:46 am #226993

Just ask her about her boyfriend or who she is dating these days.
    My guess is she will turn around and ask you once she answers your questions.

The assumption is neither of you guys have been “hiding” the fact you could be in a relationship.
    The subject just never came up. You’ve got nothing to lose by letting her know you just want a platonic friendship.