How to text my crush to make her like me?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    April 4, 2020 at 1:24 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    Adult Friend Finder Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Rey Hysterio
    Rey Hysterio
    Participant
    January 3, 2020 at 8:06 pm #227259

So, there’s this girl I’m texting lately. I tried to set up a meeting with her(asked her out that way) and she agreed, but it seems she misunderstood since later on she had let me know that she’s currently in another city. We’ve been texting for awhile, tho it seems casual but I notice she’ll mirror my writing style(e.g: if I send two texts she’ll send two, if I send one she also sends one, etc), and also sometimes I joke around with her tho we’ve not flirted yet. I’m planning to ask her out when she returns to my city but on the meanwhile I’m texting her.

Basically, my question is: how do I build rapport or atleast hint interest in her through texting? I know it might be harder than face-to-face but texting is my only option currently so how do I get her to like me through texting?

Soorena123
    Soorena123
    Participant
    January 3, 2020 at 9:58 pm #227260

Just straight up confess that you like her. If you tell her at least you put all your cards on the table and it’s on her. You can just say I wanted you to know that I like you. I don’t expect anything but I just had to tell you. Then just leave it at that and wait for her.

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    January 4, 2020 at 2:18 pm #227284

“I joke around with her tho we’ve not flirted yet.”
    “I’m planning to ask her out when she returns to my city but on the meanwhile I’m texting her.”

The problem with texting is you can’t tell if someone is truly interested by reading words alone.
    There’s a big difference between reading LOL and hearing someone actually laugh out loud!
    You need to first have a couple of “old school phone conversations”.

It’s also easier to build a rapport (talking) to someone rather than texting them.
    You’ll hear their tone, inflection, note their enthusiasm or lack there of.
    In my opinion if you have not (mutually flirted with one another) and shared some laughs don’t go on a date!

Going on a date without establishing mutual romantic interest ahead of time is equivalent to a salesman making “cold calls”.
    The reason why so many people have awkward “first dates” is because they haven’t established rapport ahead of time.
    If there’s no chemistry on the phone it won’t be any in person either.