How to transition from professional to personal and romantic

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    July 7, 2019 at 5:38 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

VGK1
    VGK1
    Participant
    July 7, 2019 at 8:59 pm #203334

A little background. I am a 44yo male, divorced for 6 years, and have had a couple relationships since, in addition to doing a fair share of dating.

Here’s the story: I am a real estate agent and a girl inquired on my website about a house. I have been working with her for a few weeks and we found her a house!!! She closes on it tomorrow.

Something I have done all of my life is separated work and pleasure. I have always been a leader (owner or CEO) of my companies, and have always been concerned about workplace impressions. So, my professional persona is a lot more uptight than my personal.

That said, I have kept the integrity of the professional lines, though there has been a little flirting and talking about life. She has messaged me randomly several times, letting me know what she is doing, sending a video of her having fun with friends, etc. She even took an Instagram video, and even though I stepped well out of the way, she pointed the phone at me and said “this house comes…

VGK1
    VGK1
    Participant
    July 7, 2019 at 9:03 pm #203335

…with a man! She tagged me in it. By the way, she has over 30,000 followers.

After she closes on the house and my professional capacity is no longer needed, how do I transition?

I am definitely interested in getting to know her better, and pursue her. I am confident that she has an interest, though the last week has seemed to die down a little. I am assuming it may be that she’s used to seeing interest or getting hit on very quickly, and I haven’t done that. She used to that because she is an extremely gorgeous girl.

Any thoughts you have on my read of the situation, and how to make the transition to attraction would be great.