How would you handle this???

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    July 7, 2020 at 4:47 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    Adult Friend Finder Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

DenverGuy
    DenverGuy
    Participant
    March 15, 2020 at 11:52 am #231527

I met a woman a week ago and we really hit it off. We have spent 5 nights together – all night. Our time together felt magical. We would send each other an e-mail in the morning, or she would call, and we felt connected.
    Three days ago I told her I was getting together with my neighbors last night and that we were going out. I invited her and she was happy about that.
    Well, this past Friday AM I sent her a quick e-mail to say “hi” and tell her I was thinking about her.
    No response.
    Later in the day I had a missed call from her, but no voicemail (I hate texting). To me, that’s a lukewarm attempt at contacting me.
    Last night I went out with my neighbors and I was a little bummed. I drank a lot and when I got home I sent her a quick e-mail that said “we missed you.” (It was my neighbor’s suggestion).
    Finally, I just received an e-mail from the woman: “I wish I would have known.”
    Wow. I am usually perceptive, but I am LOST with this.
    Any suggestions on what’s going on here?

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    March 15, 2020 at 4:56 pm #231528

“I met a woman a week ago…”
    At the (one week mark) you really don’t know each other.

Last but not least introducing someone to neighbors, family, and friends after (one week) seems a little quick.
    Sounds like you’re reading to proclaim you’re in a relationship with someone you barely know.

These days people seem to become overly invested when there actually is no “exclusive relationship”.
    You should also keep your options open by dating other women.

Take a step back and enjoy what she’s offering and let things evolve on their own timeframe if it’s meant to be.

Date2nite
    Date2nite
    Participant
    March 15, 2020 at 5:01 pm #231529

If her email only said; “I wish I would have known.”, it sounds like she forgot you invited her? I would remind her that you did invite her a few days prior and her presence was missed. She may be also busy and/or talking to someone else now and doesn’t want to tell you the truth.