I am confused by his actions and don't understand what is happening

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2018 at 1:35 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Shiraz
    Shiraz
    Participant
    September 24, 2018 at 10:30 am #185094

I’ve known A for 3 years.After 2yrs i ended our friendship because he thought I wanted a relationship,got drunk & mean 1 eve so I said I had enough.We recently bumped into each other and made peace.I was still very weary of him but he was so nice!He texted me all the time..always first.Dropped by my house 3x a week,bring me coffee at work or treats at home,took me for breakfast…before he would NEVER do that.HE then jokingly suggest I take him with to a wedding…after some careful consideration i did ask him,he said he would get back to me,I had to ask again and he said no.He could have gone with if he really wanted too.Everytime I ask him to do anything else it is also no.But he still jokes texts,comes around ect.I am confused.I also have to add that before I asked him to the wedding I made it clear it would be just as a friend…that I am NOT interested romantically.I am upset that he never wants to spend time with me when i ask..only when he does.I just needed his friendship.help?

Mammamia72
    Mammamia72
    Participant
    September 24, 2018 at 12:17 pm #185118

It looks like people on here are SLOW to offer advice.
    But in my opinion id say he only wants to associate with you when its convient for HIM not you.

Mammamia72
    Mammamia72
    Participant
    September 24, 2018 at 2:41 pm #185120

Maybe you could help me with MY situation too lol??
    Its right under yours on the forum

Shiraz
    Shiraz
    Participant
    September 24, 2018 at 3:18 pm #185157

Hey,thanks for the answer.I thought I did reply on yours…it is probably not something you want to hear from your mother so if you tell him handle it gently and with love.If my mother knew something like that I would want her to tell me…I am sure you would too.He deserves better than that

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    September 25, 2018 at 11:40 pm #185370

” i ended our friendship because {he} thought I wanted a relationship”
    “I made it clear it would be just as a friend…that I am NOT interested romantically.”
    “I am upset that he never wants to spend time with me when i ask”

This guy never was your friend!!!
    Any guy that’s dropping by a girl’s house {three times a week}, bringing coffee & treats to work, and taking her out to breakfast…. These are things men do in order to slowly establish a romantic relationship.

You’d be lying to yourself if you thought that was typical behavior for men.
    Very rarely do guys spend time and money on women they find attractive just for the FUN of it.

A lot of attractive women have this need to believe they can have platonic straight male friends.
    However most of those guys would FAIL “the test”.Call any of them up and tell them you’re horny and lonely.
    Very few of these “male friends” if any would say: “Ew! That’s gross! You’re like a SISTER to me!”

Move on. He doesn’t want to be “friends”!

Shiraz
    Shiraz
    Participant
    September 29, 2018 at 2:02 am #185757

Thank you,that is what I needed to hear!