I am so confused! Please help :(

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    July 7, 2018 at 12:13 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

tray
    tray
    Participant
    February 18, 2018 at 10:44 pm #165818

I met this man on a dating app and everything started kind of fast. He was very charming and felt like we had an instant connection we hung out 5 times in the first week of knowing each other. 2nd week and he was wanting to meet my family and become bf/gf. I was so enamored with this man it felt like I finally met someone who was serious. 3rd week he told me he loved me..the second month in he is telling me he wants to marry me, have kids and continued to say these things throughout the relationship, hung up pictures of us as well. He gave me the code to his house where I would stay a few nights a week. He gave me gifts/took me to Disneyland. Mentioned me moving in or with him out of state. He even a few times wanted me to throw out my birth control..weird yes. I fell for him though I was very happy/blind.

tray
    tray
    Participant
    February 18, 2018 at 10:45 pm #165819

Then suddenly the last two weeks or so of our relationship he became distant, hot/cold. He even made some rude comments towards the end. Then 3 days before thanksgiving I came over and he broke up with me. His reasoning was he didn’t want to live in Vegas after he graduates college in may & his offer is going to place him elsewhere and he would feel guilty if I moved for him like he did for his ex and said it was horrible when it didn’t work out he was so alone in a new city, & he wants to end it now before things keep getting better. He is crying while doing this. I try to bargain/understand. He said I’m only the second person he’s ever loved and only person he cares about. He is consoling me as I’m crying then asks me if I want to go eat…who says that? Then insists on having dinner a week later only to tell me the same thing after I asked if that was truly why. He said he wants me to be happy and is acting all concerned. He told me he has no interest in dating for awhile and that

tray
    tray
    Participant
    February 19, 2018 at 8:48 am #165821

once again I’m only the second person he loved. At this point I’m still believing what he is telling me. I let it all out and was very vulnerable and he even told me he wanted me in his life. He gives me most of my stuff back somehow forgot to give me quite a few other things that I later sent a friend to get.

After he changes his status to single, deletes every picture/post with me like I never existed. He even untagged himself in every post my friends posted of us. forward a couple weeks I see him post a Snapchat of him hiking with a girl..then I see two weeks later he is now in a relationship with this girl who I have never heard of nor seen nor had he had mutual friends with. Deleted and blocked me on instagram and Facebook at that time as well. We were together almost 6mos. Broken up probably 3 weeks before he was dating the new girl.

tray
    tray
    Participant
    February 19, 2018 at 8:48 am #165823

When we first met he told me his ex cheated on him and that’s why they ended. I didn’t know that ex was his ex wife. She still has their engagement photos up on fb. I believe I met him 3-4 months post divorce. He never told me that he was married he only referred to her as an ex. Now his new gf already changed her profile picture to them two and he already met her family and spent NYE together. I also found out he isn’t even moving he started that job out here already.

Sorry this was so long! I appreciate anyone who reads this! What the heck happened?

Beachgirl44
    Beachgirl44
    Participant
    February 19, 2018 at 3:49 pm #165930

I think he may love you but I don’t think he really wa.tz to marry you if you only were datingb2 months

tray
    tray
    Participant
    February 19, 2018 at 4:36 pm #165936

Sorry. We were together 5-6 months

babiblu
    babiblu
    Participant
    February 20, 2018 at 3:46 pm #166006

Well, I’ve gone through something similar, and I still do not know what happened. My best friend, adviced me to ask him. But I could not … I’ve concluded that there are 2 options:
    1. he is an *** and just wanted to fool around, and forget about his ex. All the sweet things he said and did, were just to get your attention.
    2. he has real issues with relationships, he can not commit to anyone, he feels the need to be with someone but commitmen scares him away (even if he desires it)
    What should you do? I think you should feel very lucky to not be involved with a crazy person like that. You should stop following his social media or the people he is involved with. He must have lots of women on the dating app and he’s just tasting the waters and enjoying himself, he’s a bad person KEEP THAT IN MIND.There’s no justification for what he did, HE IS CRAZY!

tray
    tray
    Participant
    February 20, 2018 at 6:38 pm #166060

Thank you for your response! Those two reasons seem highly likely honestly. If it’s the first one by chance I don’t understand how he went to someone new so fast and if his intentions are the same. What happened with your experience? was this a pattern for him?