I can't build the courage to message her

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    September 9, 2019 at 9:00 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    Adult Friend Finder Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

michael blaney
    michael blaney
    Participant
    December 15, 2018 at 4:19 pm #191129

There’s this girl who I am really into. We seem to get on really well and there is definetly a ‘spark’ between us, we get on pretty well when I see her at a lot of the social things that I go to at uni, there is always a lot of flirting when we talk as well. However, I have not got the courage to message her, I was messaging one of her good friends not that long ago and I think it would be really awkward between us if I startd to message her now. we both have gone home now for uni and won’t see each other until after christmas. I would really like to do something with this girl but haven’t got the courage haha. We haven’t really spoken that much but I am nearly certain that she likes me

Any advice on what I should do?

L8412
    L8412
    Participant
    December 17, 2018 at 1:35 am #191132

Well, you totally should message her. Girls talk mate. There are very good chances her friend told her you were messaging her or that she told her friend you two were flirting. Breaking the ice is always the toughest part. Go ahead and do it. If it works, great! If it doesn’t, well at least you’ll know and you’ll be able to stop troubling yourself with it and move on to other things.

Fuark
    Fuark
    Participant
    December 18, 2018 at 8:47 am #191235

Just text her and ask for a date!

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    December 19, 2018 at 9:43 pm #191438

Lets review some key statements you made.

“I can’t build the courage to message her”
    “We seem to get on really well and there is definetly a ‘spark’ between us…”
    “I am nearly certain that she likes me..”

If those last two statements are close to being true it shouldn’t take “courage” to ask her out.
    Worse case scenario is she turns you down. Trust me your life will go on if that happens.
    However if she says “yes” it could be the start of something wonderful.

If it’s not worth asking for it’s not worth having.
    Nothing ventured nothing gained.

In a world with over 7 Billion people rejection just means: Next!
    Best wishes!

aray808311
    aray808311
    Participant
    June 17, 2019 at 8:21 am #202192

message her
    if it helps you can think of the absolute worst case scenario that could happen

DJ92
    DJ92
    Participant
    June 28, 2019 at 12:50 pm #203077

There’s a difference between messaging looking for more and messaging getting to know each other.
    Speak to your friend, see what they say.

A message is a message, worst case scenario they ask you about it

Brrr in Alaska
    Brrr in Alaska
    Participant
    June 28, 2019 at 3:28 pm #203088

If you want to pursue this woman, message her. Lil secret, women want a guy who is assertive and in control. That does not mean controlling her, but capable of going after what he wants. They also like to be pursued to some degree if they are interested in that particular man. If you really want to pursue a relationship with her, don;’t let it slip through your fingers now. As others here have already said, the worst thing that can happen is she rejects you and that’s not such a bad thing. You’ll have your ultimate answer and can then focus your efforts on more possibly fruitful prospects. If you do begin messaging her, be yourself. Don’t be concerned about the outcome. Being yourself will reward you if it’s meant to be. Being concerned about the outcome will hinder yourself from being you and she will sense this. Besides, you want her to like you for who you really are. If you aren’t you, she cant really get to know you and later on, you could be setting yourself up for heartbreak.

Anonymous
    Anonymous
    June 29, 2019 at 11:17 am #203110

don’t think of what will happen just do what you think is right m if you wanna tell her anything go ahead my dear friend life is too short for excuses

Geremy1
    Geremy1
    Participant
    July 3, 2019 at 10:33 am #203229

I do not even know what to do in such a situation

georcher123
    georcher123
    Participant
    July 3, 2019 at 7:07 pm #203236
    Reply To: I can't build the courage to message her

message her, it doesn’t have to be about a date right away, just ask her how her day was or something like that. Let it build up to the main question

Sandra love
    Sandra love
    Participant
    July 5, 2019 at 10:36 am #203294

Well, you totally should message her.

alin918
    alin918
    Participant
    July 7, 2019 at 8:55 am #203319

Be a man and message her. Even if she declines, it’s not the end of the world.