I can’t read this girl at all…

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    November 11, 2019 at 3:48 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    Adult Friend Finder Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

somedudeouthere23
    somedudeouthere23
    Participant
    May 26, 2019 at 11:18 am #201080

Met this girl online and we exchanged messages for about 2 weeks before we met. Finally met and everything went well. Date lasted about 2 hours.
    Afterwards, everything still went well and her texts were flirty, a lot of emojis, she would never kill the conversation, or would just text me random photos and messages the next day if they were killed to start a new topic. Her texting habit has always been either immediate or 2-6 hours apart.
    Second date she completely stood me up, no texts or anything until the night of (were going to go hiking). Lame excuse which days later I told her to tell me the truth and she did (personal reasons). Still kept the texting going, etc, asked her out on a date the day of, last minute she said no. I got upset, so I told her to let me know of 2nd date, but goodluck until then. Got the thumbs up emoji. Felt bad, so I messaged and apologized and told her a joke. She texted midnight and said apology accepted with a smiley.
    What’s going on here?!?

BlueFrogPosse
    BlueFrogPosse
    Participant
    May 26, 2019 at 1:37 pm #201082

That’s a tough one; maybe people are just different and approach these things differently. There might not be anything “going on” with her and this is just how she is. Think about whether or not you are enjoying the relationship you DO have first, because that’s all you can really count on. If something – she, you, timing – changes, then you can deal with that. Don’t read too much into anything, and don’t count on anything changing.

somedudeouthere23
    somedudeouthere23
    Participant
    May 26, 2019 at 2:24 pm #201083

Thank you BlueFrog.
    When we went out at first, she did tell me she’s not good at texting and her friends give her a hard time because she forgets.
    She did tell me once over text, after I told her I didn’t know if she stood me up on the second date because she was interested or didn’t have a good time and her reply was “I wouldn’t be talking to you if that was the case (with emoji”)

I’ve asked all my friends and they have no idea what to think. Is she playing with me?

scorpxoxaqua
    scorpxoxaqua
    Participant
    May 26, 2019 at 8:21 pm #201084

I think you shouldn’t over think it at just let it be and see if she initiates anything

somedudeouthere23
    somedudeouthere23
    Participant
    May 28, 2019 at 8:23 am #201087

I asked if she isn’t interested and just wants to be friends, but said she takes everything seriously and has been busy with work and her family members being here for a few weeks, but really wants to get to know me. She asked for a little patience. Is that a good sign?

somedudeouthere23
    somedudeouthere23
    Participant
    May 28, 2019 at 8:24 am #201115

I’ll be patient with it.
    Does it mean anything if she says she see’s something special in me and when the proper time comes she wants to get to know me more?

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    May 29, 2019 at 1:13 pm #201317

“Met this girl online…”
    “Second date she completely stood me up, no texts or anything..”

That does not sound like the actions of someone who is (into) you.

Do you honestly believe you are the ONLY guy competing for her time?
    Did either of you deactivate your online profiles?

If the answer is (no) to both of those questions you should be keeping your options open too.
    A very common mistake people make in this situation is putting all of their focus on one person!

“Is she playing with me?” The answer is NO.
    The truth is you’re NOT in an “exclusive relationship” but You’re already (acting as if you were).
    You are playing yourself!

Online dating is a lot like conducting a job search.
    If you were looking for a job you wouldn’t send a resume to (one company) and wait to see how it goes.
    You’d submit it to {multiple companies} and go out on multiple interviews until an offer was made and accepted.
    You should be talking with and going out with other girls at this point. There shouldn’t be any drama!

bigoof123
    bigoof123
    Participant
    June 1, 2019 at 10:03 pm #201500

Honestly coming from a single girl.. she might not be taking this too seriously.
    Anyone can flirt and text all day. The attention is nice, but honestly if you don’t want any more of your time and effort wasted, straight up ask her whats up. You can try to make it as casual as possible and just throw it in a sentence to see if she really is planning on hanging out still or if you’re just another person for her to flirt with and fill in her time.
    Online forums are always so hard when we don’t fully know the exact interactions you guys have between each other.