I can’t tell if these two women I work with are interested in me

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    September 9, 2019 at 2:16 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    Adult Friend Finder Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

92Guy
    92Guy
    Participant
    January 4, 2019 at 2:55 pm #191929

The title says it. One cashier at the store I work with and…. one of the managers. They both always appear super happy whenever they talk to me and are always starting conversations with me.

So let’s start with the manager. This is going to be a two part post. Around August, we were talking about this new donut place that opened across the street and then just talked about good donut places. So ending the conversation, she said maybe me and her can get a donut together there sometime. I just shrugged it off as her meaning we’ll probably run into each other there while on our breaks, but a few days later, I was starting to wonder if she actually proposed we would go out. There’s been some times where I wondered if she has some sort of interest in me. She’s the only assistant manager that would have a conversation with me and ask about weekend plans and such.

92Guy
    92Guy
    Participant
    January 4, 2019 at 3:07 pm #191933

When I got back to work the next week, she approached me again and her perfume was really noticeable, I never got a whiff of it before. I never smell any from her. She approaches me whenever the donut place hands her promo cards, and I’m usually one of the first employees she hands them out to.

Now the cashier girl. We started getting friendly like say, September? One morning she was having a conversation with me about mothes because she came across a rare one at the store. Since then we talk whenever we can. There was one time where there was a free soda in the fridge in the break room and she told me it’s up for grabs if I wanted it. She doesn’t like soda but she thought she would let me know. And lately, she would giggle whenever she would say something to me.

I’m bad at the stuff, I can’t tell whether they’re being friendly or if they’re interested me. I decided after New Year’s that I stop speculating and get answers. How can I get confirmations to my suspicions?

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    January 5, 2019 at 9:56 pm #191960

What do you want? Are YOU interested in them?
    The problem with a lot of guys today is they are too afraid of being rejected.
    They only want a “sure thing” before they will work up the nerve to approach a woman.

Between the two women I believe the manager was your best shot.
    You should have suggested going to the donut shop that weekend.
    Now you have let almost 5 months slide by.

You may want to swing by the donut shop one day and pick up a couple donuts to share with her.
    You can say: “Remember that donut shop we talked about a while back? I was in the area and …etc.”
    The two of you can critique the donuts and if she is still flirty suggest the two of you go there together this week.

In a world with over 7 Billion people rejection just means: Next!
    Best wishes!

cashxo
    cashxo
    Participant
    January 7, 2019 at 12:25 am #191990

Agreed with the poster above. Worst thing that happens is that she rejects you. Just move on.

92Guy
    92Guy
    Participant
    January 7, 2019 at 8:16 am #191967

If she does have some sort of interest in me, it hasn’t gone away. She still likes having conversations whenever she sees me and asked me last month if I was going to the holiday party. It was past the date that I had to RSVP but she said I could just ask (not her) if I wanted to go. Unfortunately I couldn’t make it. I’m thinking about asking her if she wanted to go to the donut place during our breaks sometime but I’d really like to get s confirmation she has an interest and not misinterpret things.

Mash2019
    Mash2019
    Participant
    January 7, 2019 at 6:25 pm #192103

Good luck or something

92Guy
    92Guy
    Participant
    January 9, 2019 at 2:33 pm #192243

What do you want? Are YOU interested in them?
    The problem with a lot of guys today is they are too afraid of being rejected.
    They only want a “sure thing” before they will work up the nerve to approach a woman.

Between the two women I believe the manager was your best shot.

Funny, I figured I’d be told the cashier would be my best shot. Lately, I’ve been more interested in the manager since I’ve been seeing her more than the cashier. If something were to happen, I wouldn’t mind a relationship. But the most I would expect is something casual. She’s in her late 30’s and I’m in my late 20’s, who knows. And it’s more about what would happen to my job than getting rejected if I asked her out for a donut and she said no. Then again, I am asking for advice regarding this situation. Dating your boss is usually something most advise against.